GTA Online patch hopes to fix character deletion issues
GTA Online has been patched on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with several fixes intended to fix that annoying progression loss bug.
Since launch, players have experienced multiple instances of multiplayer characters being erased and all progress wiped; the latest title update is supposed to correct this, so fingers crossed.
Unfortunately, the garage bug hasn't been fixed yet, so you may still lose vehicles. Rockstar has promised an update on that one ASAP.
"Please always remember to save your game before leaving GTA Online, otherwise you may lose any progress since your last save – this can be done by exiting back to Single Player through the pause menu," the developer advised.
"Until downloading the title update above and in order to minimize the chances of any further data loss, if at any point you receive the message 'Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable', please do not either select the 'Retry' option or create a temporary Character to play GTA Online. Instead, you should exit to GTA 5 Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the menu in Story Mode."
The patch is out now on PS3 and rolling out to Xbox 360; Rockstar expects it to be available everywhere by tomorrow morning.
Although full patch notes haven't been released, here's a list of known fixes, direct from Rockstar Newswire:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
If multiplayer is giving you trouble then go back to single-player; our GTA 5 guide will help smooth your path.