The August NPD numbers are out, and while the industry as a whole was still down, Madden NFL 10 stole the charts by bringing in 928,000 followed by Wii Sports Resort w/WMP at 754,000.
Earlier, it was reported that EA CEO John Riccitiello was "disappointed" with Madden NFL 10 sales saying it was “discouraging”, that “one of our highest-rated and best-marketed ‘Madden’ titles in years is facing strong headwinds” during its debut.
- Madden NFL 10 (Xbox 360) - 928,000
- Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo Wii) - 754,000
- Madden NFL 10 (Playstation 3) - 665,000
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) - 303,000
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (Playstation 3) - 290,000
- Madden NFL 10 (Playstation 2) - 160,000
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy (PSP) - 130,000
- Wii Fit (Nintendo Wii) - 128,000
- Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo Wii) - 120,000
- Fossil Fighters (Nintendo DS) - 92,000
Also of note, is that PS3 was the only platform to realize a year-over-year increase in total software sales and this is reflected in the top 10 list for the month which includes two PS3 games.