While everyone is busy with E3 madness, Apex Legends developer Respawn rolled out a new update.
This week's Apex Legends patch is available now on all platforms, and it mainly does a bit of housekeeping. The most significant fixes concern Caustic.
First, the update fixes the bug that caused his Nox Gas Traps to damage players through walls. Another exploit that would allow Caustic players to place traps with zero cooldown has also been fixed.
For PC players, the update enables a couple of new config commands you can make use of. One lets you control the maximum framerate, while two others allow for tweaking letterboxes in non-standard aspect ratios.
Finally, patch fixes the - no doubt frustrating - bug that caused keybinds for healing items to not respond. Read on below for the full change log:
- Fixed the bug with healing items not functioning when using the keybinds for them.
- Fixed issue with players not being rewarded with Loss Forgiveness after their teammate left during an Apex Elite match.
- Made improvements so that Loss Forgiveness works more consistently in other cases where it wasn’t working correctly.
- Fixed bug where Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps would damage players through walls.
- Fixed exploit where you could repeatedly place Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps with no cooldown.
- Fixed issue with “nerfed” skydiving from a Jump Tower.
- Resolved a number of localization issues for Xbox and PS4.
- Fixed issues with items sorting incorrectly when looting a deathbox.
- Fixed issues related to heavily decreased accuracy when ADS and sliding.
- Fixed audio bug related to Octane’s Jump Pad.
- Fixed a number of game logic script errors.
- [PS4 Only] Fixed bug with in-game reward message not displaying the right image for Playstation Plus subscribers [previously this was showing an orange and purple checker image instead of the right asset].
-New PC config commands now enabled: