The v8.50 is now available for Fortnite, so let’s see what’s in store this week.
The Endgame LTM is now available in Fortnite. You can choose to play as Thanos and the Chitauri or has heroes wielding Avengers items. You’re looking to gather the Infinity Stones, obviously, and if Thanos gets his hands on them all then you won’t be able to respawn back into the game.
New games settings have been added to Creative that will let you create different rounds in your games, and the new phase mode will let you toggle collision with objects and the world on or off. Pirate ship prefabs have also been added with this update.
Save the World players can now get the Cottontail Eagle Eye and the Bowler, which will let you shoot cannonballs at Smashers.
The Fortnite World Cup Open Week 3 even will run from April 27 – 28 with another $1million prize pool for winners. Remember that you can only compete in one region, so make sure you choose the correct region before you begin.
Thanos and his Chitauri invade the Battle Royale island, in search of the six Infinity Stones.
- Endgame features a team of heroes fighting to stop Thanos and his Chitauri from claiming all six Infinity Stones.
- Both teams respawn when eliminated until the other side completes their objective.
- On one side is the Hero team. Heroes respawn when eliminated until the enemy team has found all six Infinity Stones.
- Heroes start with a treasure map that leads directly to a Mythic Avengers item.
- Other Avengers items can be found in Chests throughout the map.
- The goal for the Hero team is to destroy the Chitauri army and defeat Thanos.
- Team Thanos is comprised of Chitauri Invaders and Thanos himself.
- Chitauri Invaders start with a powerful laser rifle, an anti-structure grenade attack, and a jetpack that lets them briefly leap high into the air.
- The first Chitauri to recover an Infinity stone will be transformed into Thanos.
- Thanos has a powerful punch, a destructive beam attack, and the ability to jump high into the air and then smash anything in his way when he comes back down.
- Each time an Infinity Stone is claimed, Thanos’ abilities grow more powerful and the Chitauri gain health.
- Reality Stone (Red) = Heath & Shields doubled (1000->2000)
- Soul Stone (Orange) = Siphon activated (grants Thanos shields only)
- Mind Stone (Yellow) = Jump height doubled
- Space Stone (Blue) = Ground Pound AOE size tripled, damage x6
- Time Stone (Green) = Big knockback added to each hit, damage x3
- Power Stone (Purple) = Laser damage x6
- If Thanos is eliminated from the match, another Chitauri will become him after a short wait (unless Thanos is the last one standing).
- If Thanos & the Chitauri find all six Infinity Stones, Heroes will no longer be able to respawn.
- The goal for Thanos and his army is to find the stones and then eliminate the remaining heroes.
Weapons and items
- The Hold to Swap functionality is now confirmed upon releasing the Use button rather than when initially pressing it.
- This should help with the issue of accidentally swapping.
- If a player is eliminated by fall damage while inside a vehicle, the player that last damaged that vehicle will receive the credit for that elimination.
- Re-enabled hit markers to be server-side authoritative instead of client-side.
- This will help prevent instances where players see hit markers but no damage.
- Players that were Rebooted into Rifts were teleporting into the sky but would not enter skydiving mode.
- Vehicles weren’t getting impulsed away from the Reboot Van.
- Collision for the Reboot Van was not affecting some vehicles, allowing them to hide inside of the Reboot Van.
- The yellow “invulnerability” effect wasn’t appearing on players who were revived by the Reboot Van.
- The Reboot Card was still playing its spawn sound even if the player disconnected.
- Dropping inventory items while in vehicles with weapons is now blocked to prevent various camera issues.
- Traps were occasionally being placed in the middle of a tile rather than against a wall when using Builder Pro.
- When exiting vehicles, the equip animation will now always play before weapons can be fired.
- This will prevent the issue where players would occasionally see themselves fire right after exiting a vehicle before the server had time to register the shot.
- The elimination feed text will no longer display the “eliminated by ally” message if an ally interrupts a player reboot animation.
- Fall damage was being taken when using a Jetpack (in supported Limited Time Modes) after being launched from the Pirate Cannon.
- Players were not able to negate fall damage using a Flintlock Pistol while crouching.
- Players couldn’t see the nameplates of party member’s Reboot Cards in the UI.
- Players would not drop a Reboot Card if they were eliminated after confirming a Reboot but before their teammate actually spawned.
- We’ve resolved an issue that was preventing the correct amount of Survival XP from being granted after games and have gifted XP to players as compensation.
- You’ll receive this compensation via the Gifting system.
- New Tournament – April 27 & 28: Fortnite World Cup Online Open Week 3 ($1,000,000 total prize pool!)
- Top performers in each server region will qualify to the Fortnite World Cup Finals in New York City. Full Fortnite World Cup details and official rules can be found here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/competitive/events/world-cup
- Solo Game Mode
- Participation in this event requires both players to have reached Champion League in Arena.
- Region Lock is in effect – players may only participate in the qualifier for a single server region each week of the Online Opens. The server region of the first match entered for that weekend’s tournament will be the one the player will be locked into for that entire weekend.
- April 27 – Round One: All Eligible Players.
- April 28 – Round Two: Top 3000 Players from Round One.
- Streaming Replays – Currently only available on PC & Mac
- Added tournament Match History, which can be viewed by selecting a player on the leaderboards.
- Replays can be viewed from each match that player has played.
- Added the ability to spectate live matches during tournaments by selecting a player on the leaderboards.
- Note: Match must have been running for 10 minutes for live replay to be available.
- Added the ability to view a specific match by game session ID using the “View Streaming Replay” button in the Replay Browser.
- Arena & Tournaments will now record profile stats to Solo/Duo/Squad categories rather than as an LTM.
- Players in Arena were incorrectly seeing themselves demoted to a lower division after losing Hype.
- This was strictly a visual issue and all Hype values and division unlocks are once again being displayed correctly.
- Tournament posters in-game were incorrectly showing certain events as starting in ‘2 Days’.
- Tournament posters and the Arena Panel were not loading properly on mobile devices.
- Resolved a cause of significant hitching during skydiving. and during late game combat.
Art and animation
- We’ve added a unique animation for petting the dog and other Pets.
- Added Sound Visualizer without Spatialization (panning) of sounds in-game.
- By introducing this mode, if you are a hearing-impaired player, then you will now be able to play the game with audio and the visualizer turned on simultaneously!
- Drop in and give us your feedback about these changes either in-game or on our social channels to help us continue to make improvements for the future!
- Various gameplay sounds (gunshots, walking, reloading) will no longer retrigger at incorrect/random times.
- This was causing “ghost” sounds to be heard when nothing was causing the actual sound effect.
- Fixed an issue that would cause certain things to not have looping audio when they should.
- When healing with foraged Banana or Apples, the full visual effects weren’t playing when viewed in replays.
- The reactive effects were not working properly for the Marshmello Outfit.
- MSAA anti-aliasing enabled on P30 Pro, Mate 20, Mate 20X.
- The interact button now has context-sensitive icons.
- You can now move while the map is open by providing input on the left side of the screen.
- Made improvements to stability and to resolve some crashes.
- Made performance improvements on the iPad Mini 4 and Air 2.
- The movement joystick wasn’t appearing on the HUD for certain devices.
- Push notifications were not being sent after updates finished downloading.
- Blocked players on player’s friend lists were not appearing as ‘Blocked’.
- The fire button and right fire-stick would not function after anchoring the Baller grapple with tap to fire.
- The right fire-stick was not allowing camera movement while in the Baller.
- The Baller grapple was not releasing on the first tap.
- Players could get stuck in an infinite fire loop after exiting the Baller while it was anchored with the grapple.
- Double tapping was required to detach the Baller’s grapple when using tap to fire.
- There were visual issues on the Back Button in the menus.
- Voice Chat icons from players set to “sit out” were not appearing.
- Ammo boxes weren’t opening.
- The Confirm and Cancel buttons in Squad Management were difficult to touch/interact with.
- The Option menus were closing the unapplied changes was closing the entire menu instead of just the popup prompt.
- Menu icons could be removed from the HUD Layout Tool.
- Vehicle boost icons were appearing different between viewing them in a match vs in the HUD Layout Tool screen.
- The Score Tracking widget can now be removed from the Mobile HUD
- Score Tracking widget can now be removed from Mobile HUD
- It was difficult to see character and weapon animations while using the Boom Bow.
- The Map widget was setting its anchors inappropriately when moved in the HUD layout tool, making some attached game mode UI push the Map widget off the screen.
- You may need to reset the Map widget in the HUD Layout Tool to resolve this issue.
- Added two new featured Island portals to the Creative and Playground Hub.
- Reduced player Island portals from 8 to 6 in the Creative Hub.
- Material resources were not being reset when returning to the Hub.
- Infinite material resources were not being toggled properly when Island permissions changed.
- New Rounds game settings
- You can now add rounds to any game.
- Everything will be reset to the original pre-game state when starting a new round.
- Each round uses the end game Score and Winner display settings to announce a winner, and also displays a round scoreboard.
- The number of wins per team or player is displayed on the scoreboard.
- In the future, we will be adding an overall winner for the game display.
- The Total Rounds setting sets the number of rounds from 1 to 100.
- Updated options for Eliminations, Creature Eliminations, Objectives to Win, and Collect Items to:
- Win to be Off, 1-10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, 200, 500, or 1000.
- Players could cause damage to each other after a game had ended.
- Games were taking unexpectedly long times to start on Islands with Creative Spawners.
- Lobby music would play on a continuous loop after winning a game.
- Players in a party that was set to “Sit Out” would go into the game if the party leader joined a game in progress.
Creative tools and phone
- Added Phase mode:
- While flying, you can now activate Phase mode to pass through objects and terrain!
- Phasing can be very useful for quickly navigating your Island while editing.
- To activate or deactivate Phase mode:
- On the keyboard, press the N key(this can be reassigned in Settings).
- On controllers, hold down the Left Thumbstick.
- On mobile devices, you can assign a new Phase button to your HUD which allows you to toggle Phase.
- Your Phase setting will be remembered, so you’ll continue to phase after you stop and start flying.
- Fruit consumable could not be selected by the Phone.
- Some props or tiles could vanish when copying nearby objects after Multi-Selecting them.
- Player build walls could be scaled and rotated if selected alongside another object using Multi-Select.
- Prop orientation would change unexpectedly when Grid Snap was toggled.
- Added the Pirate Ship Prefab.
- Added the Pirate Ship Gallery.
- Added six Pirate Cove Prefabs.
- Added the Pirate Cove Gallery and Pirate Cove Prop Gallery.
- The metal trash can in General Props Gallery B was prevented from being cut or copied.
- The draw distance for the trash bag has been improved, allowing them to be visible from further away.
- Roof pieces from the Military Base Set were turning green after being placed with Multi-Select.
- The pillars in the Ice Castle Set could not be placed after being rotated on a changed axis.
- Canceling a cut of the rings from the Rings Gallery would cause that ring to be unaffected by the Phone.
- The Ice Castle Balcony was unable to be placed correctly.
- Added new options to Stormwing Spawner to configure whether objects are destroyed when they’re hit:
- Boosted Health Threshold – While boosting straight into an object with this amount of health or less, it will be destroyed immediately (Default: Everything)
- Direct Hit Health Threshold – After a head-on collision into an object, if it has this amount of health or less it will be destroyed (Default: 300)
- Breakthrough Health Threshold – Anything the Stormwing bumps with this amount of health or less will be destroyed. (Default: 0)
- Options (Battle Royale, 0, 150, 300, 450, 600 or Everything)
- Battle Royale – Use the current balance as defined by Battle Royale (This will change over time based on the Stormwing’s current state in Battle Royale)
- 0 – 600 – The current health the object must be below for it to be destroyed.
- Everything – There is no threshold, everything will be destroyed.
- New options for Objective Device
- Updated health bar look with a selectable identifying letter.
- Added option to identify the objective NONE, A, B, C, D, W, X, Y or Z
- Added option to show the objective health in the HUD
- Make sure to select Objective as the HUD Type in the UI Settings.
- Added Hide Health Bar At options 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45
- Added option to Objective Devices to set their Beacon Color:
- Red, Blue or Orange: The beacon will always appear with the chosen color.
- Friendly/Enemy: The beacon will be colored either Red or Blue depending on whether it is on the opposing team or not.
- Spawned Creatures and Sentries were remaining active even after a game had ended.
- The Boom Bow was not causing damage to Sentries.
- Incorrect text was being displayed after a Sentry eliminated a player.
- Two Sentries could spawn on top of each other when starting a game.
- Sounds would not play when scoring in a Capture Area while the Radio was playing.
- Increased the draw distance of coins by 3 times their previous distance.
- Made the Pinball Bumper the same draw distance as the Pinball Flipper.
UI and social
- You can now display the Scoreboard in game by pressing the Map button while a game is in progress. This option is on by default.
- Use the Map Display Widget option to choose between Scoreboard and Default Map.
- Added Objectives to HUD Type that allows for Objectives health to be shown on HUD
- The material resources icons were not showing the “infinite” graphic.
- The UI in Creative Mode was still appearing after switching to Save the World if the game was not restarted.
- Scoreboard Fixes
- Only two players with identical scores could show as tied for the same place.
- The scoreboard was not appearing when choosing a narrow time difference between “Winner Display Time” and “Score Display Time”.
- Sometimes displayed the same player’s name multiple times.
- Player’s row was not consistently being highlighted.
- Placement placards would always show “1st” when on teams.
- Various team settings caused scoreboard columns to be offset.
- The Score Tracking widget was unable to be removed from the HUD on mobile.
- The Time setting in the UI Settings was not counting upward.
- The Time setting was appearing in both the UI Settings tab and the Game tab. It now only shows in the UI Settings tab.
- There was a typo in the Radio track “Fortnite Remix”.
- A party leader joining a Creative server would sometimes take Sitting Out players with them into a game.
- Players could not enter Ghost Mode.
Save the World
Missions and systems
- Twine Peaks tweaks!
- Missions have been added to the top end of Twine Peaks with higher difficulties, and better rewards.
- Hero, Schematic, and Survivor XP
- Higher Gold rewards
- Better world loot
- Better materials (Brightcore / Sunbeam)
- These are the first steps we’re taking in adding harder content to Save the World.
- Beta Storm Resupply returns!
- New primary goals have been added:
- Harvest enough rocks before the timer runs out!
- Collect 10 Supply Crates!
- The Collect Mushrooms and/or Barrels are now bonus objectives rather than main objectives.
- The smallest safe area circle radius has been increased to allow for safer harvesting.
- Fixed an issue that caused mushrooms in Plankerton to not count towards the Resupply mission objective.
- Mac players will no longer get kicked back to the map screen when trying to join a lobby.
- We recently this issue for other players prior to the release of v8.50.
- Extra loading screens were appearing when leaving the lobby.
- The lobby “manage player” confirmation screen was showing an incorrect banner and power level.
- Descriptions for schematic rewards were not showing when viewed in the mission rewards section on the map.
- Some Schematic/Heroes had text and numbers cut off their descriptions.
- Armory slot items were showing unrelated tabs when previewing it from the shop.
- The Launch button would appear enabled but would be unusable when trying to launch an SSD mission.
- Collection Book Hero rewards were not displaying properly after claiming a random Hero reward.
- Collection Book completion pages were not updating when unslotting items or adding new items to a page.
- The wood harvesting UI was getting stuck on player screens when rejoining a mission or re-enabling the HUD.
- Players joining a game in progress would not appear in the team list HUD.
- Player power levels were appearing as “1” instead of the correct power level.
- Updated tooltip attack speed stats for melee weapon schematics.
- Introducing Cottontail Eagle Eye, a new Legendary Outlander!
- Standard Perk: Un-eggs-pected Departure
- Phase Shift leaves 3 egg bombs, which deal 18 base damage to nearby enemies.
- Commander Perk: Un-eggs-pected Departure+
- Phase Shift leaves 3 egg bombs, which deal 45 base damage to nearby enemies.
- Available in the Event Store on April 25 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- The Legendary Constructor Miss Bunny Penny Returns!
- Standard Perk: Plasma Overdrive
- Decreases Plasma Pulse Energy Cost by 38%.
- Commander Perk: Plasma Overdrive+
- Decreases Plasma Pulse Energy Cost by 75%.
- Available in the Event Store on April 25 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- The Escape Artist+ tooltip was displaying an incorrect duration.
- The Critical Blast+ and Sure Shot+ tooltips were displaying incorrect values.
Weapons and items
- The Bowler returns!
- Fires cannonballs that damage and knockback groups of enemies. The cannonballs can bounce before exploding, damaging nearby enemies with each bounce.
- Available in the Weekly Store from April 25 at 8PM ET until May 2 at 8PM ET.
- The Bowler has been added to the Flintlock Weapons page in the Collection Book.
- Updated the audio for the Noble Launcher charging up.
- Added audio when players are cycling through traps.
- Sounds were missing on Danishing Hare Ken’s martial arts animations.
- We’ve reworked the Ready / Not Ready logic in several places. This should prevent/resolve instances of players involuntarily being marked as Not Ready.
- Only the Party Leader will be marked as Not Ready when the following events occur:
- A party member leaves
- A party member joins
- The selected playlist is changed
- Everyone but the Party Leader will remain Ready after returning to the lobby from match.
- Added some additional text to the Play Button area to show which party members still need to ready up.
- Added an option to view your current voice channel (and toggle between Party / Game channels) in the Escape menu.
- Active Voice Indicators now appear for all party members, not just those that are Sitting Out.
- The Auto-Join Game Voice Channel setting is now limited to cases where your squad has been filled with other non-party-member players.
- The Party Member list in the Social Panel indicates the Party Leader.
- Players in the lobby would sometimes have each other’s in-game status text rather than their own.
- Players on Xbox One could experience intermittent failure when accepting a game invite or when joining a game session before the game has been launched.
- Made improvements to gameplay modifiers to help with performance issues.
- Players were hitching while moving through/interacting with the menus.
- Added a UI option to disable the Render Hardware Interface Thread that was added in 8.30.
- RHIT provides performance improvements PC’s with quadcore CPUs and higher but can decrease performance on low-end machines.
- Improved performance by reducing the number of audio components created when a weapon drops.
- Improved vehicle performance.