Epic Games has released the highly anticipated v6.20 patch notes this morning, detailing the what we can expect from the new Fortnitemares challenges and changes to Fortnite’s Battle Royale mode.
The biggest addition to Fortnite today was the Fortnitemares Limited Time Mode, where the Cube has unleashed further madness upon the map. The Floating Island has been destroyed and there are Cube fragments all over the map, which conveniently spawn Cube Monsters of varying types.
Large Cube Fragments can be found near the Corrupted Areas around the map, and Small Cube Fragments can be found just about anywhere. Regardless of the Cube Fragment’s size, they’ll spawn either Cube Fiends or Brutes, like the zombies you see in Save the World.
Once you’ve defeated either a Brute or a Fiend, you’ll get a small amount of shielding to protect you from enemies and other players shots.
The Fiend Hunter Crossbow has been added for this LTM, and can be found in chests, Vending Machines and scattered around the map. The Six Shooter revolver has also been added and can be found in similar locations. The Rocket Launcher has transformed into the Pumpkin Rocket launcher, too.
Players will be relieved to hear that the Glider Redeploy functionality is now available in all game modes. When you’re in mid-air and greater than 10m up, you can press Jump to deploy your glider. Epic Games are also keen to hear feedback about this from players as they plan to try and keep it as a permanent feature.
Fortnite v6.20 patch notes
Limited Time Event: Fortnitemares
The Cube strikes back, bringing Fortnitemares to Battle Royale! Drop in and discover what the Cube has unleashed.
- Cube Fragments spawn Cube Monsters! Drop in and discover the different types.
- Large Cube Fragments are found near corrupted areas of the island.
- Small Cube Fragments are created randomly throughout the match.
- Cube Fiends, Brutes, and Fragments all have a chance to drop loot.
- Defeating a Cube Fiend or Brute will grant a small amount of shield.
- Fiend Hunter Crossbow added. Fortnitemare Limited time weapon.
Available in Epic variant.
- 40 base damage
- 1.8 shots per second.
- 4x damage against Fiends
- Seven Arrow magazine size, unlimited ammo.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests and Vending Machines.
New Port-A grenades are now available in Vending Machines at the southern edge of Loot Lake. The Port-A-Challenge set includes the Building Challenge, Obstacle Course, and Firing Range minigames. There’s four of each type with varying difficulty.
The Spiky Stadium makes a return with a brand new respawn system and Vending Machines to provide all the necessary grenades. Finally, there’s the Port-A-Pirateship mini-game. This grenade spawns a re-creation of the minigame shown off by SXVXN!
Obstacle Course: Collect the tokens and avoid the obstacles while honing your building skills.
Building Challenge: Build the structure as fast as possible.
Firing Range: Take out as many dummies as you can within the time limit.
- Spiky Stadium v2
Once inside the new Spiky Stadium, players will respawn at designated spawn points inside the playspace.
Vending machines provide grenades and Traps to allow you to customize your play.
A re-creation of the minigame shown off by SXVXN.
Spawns two large wooden Pirate ships.
The minigame will split players into two teams, with the goal of destroying the other team’s ship.
- Port-A-Pirateship Ironclad Edition
Spawns two large metal Pirate ships.
Grenades and Rockets are provided for maximum destruction
New Vending Machines have been added across the map to provide more Traps and weapons.
A new respawn button has been added to the in-game player menu.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Six Shooter added
- The Rocket Launcher is now the Pumpkin Rocket Launcher
- Hand Cannon balance changes.
- Stink Bomb
Available in Uncommon, Rare and Epic variants.
34 / 36 / 38 base damage.
Shoot from the hip for faster fire rate, or trade rate of fire for precision by aiming down the sight
Uses Medium Ammo.
Can be found from floor loot, chests and Vending Machines.
This is a visual only change.
Increased damage to structures; Epic – From 79 to 150 and Legendary – From 83 to 157.
Increased minimum long-range body shot damage; Epic – From 30 to 50 and Legendary – From 31 to 52.
Increased minimum long-range head shot damage; Epic – From 60 to 100 and Legendary – From 62 to 104.
Increased chance to find from floor loot by 0.2%
Increased chance to find from Chests by 1.7%
- The Glider Redeploy functionality that’s available in the Soaring Limited Time Modes can now be used in all game modes.
- Weapons now reload upon respawn in modes that keep the player’s inventory.
- Storm Changes
- Players will now take 2 damage per second while in the Down But Not Out state instead of 2 damage every 2 seconds.
Help us test this feature and let us know what you think. When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider.
Wait time for phase 3 has been reduced from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
Wait time for phase 5 has been reduced from 70 seconds to 50 seconds.
Late game moving circles will now immediately begin traveling to a new location after it reaches its current destination.
Storm’s maximum damage has been reduced from 10 to 8.
Maximum time in the DBNO state reduced from 100 seconds to 50 seconds if no friendly player attempts to revive you.
- Removing ability to rocket ride Quad Launcher rockets.
Fixes streaming issues on low-end iOS devices.
- Added unique sounds when cycling through Traps.
- Removed the in-air audio cue for Gliders that belong to friendly teammates.
- Reduced volume of Dark Viking glider.
- Your name now always appears at the top of your squad list in-game.
- When a Challenge bundle is delayed, it will now display as “Coming Soon” rather than “Unlocking in 0 seconds.”
- Chain quests in the Challenge bundles now show the current quest number in the chain over the total number of quests in the chain.
Example: 1/2, 2/3, etc.
ART + ANIMATION
- New variants added to the Musha and Hime Outfits that are part of the Bushido set.
No Challenges are needed to unlock these variants. If you own the Outfits they will be automatically unlocked.
- Pets no longer get stuck floating in the air after their owner drives a vehicle off a jump.
- Fixed Quadcrasher Jump Trick animation displays.
- Changes in other players’ aim and view directions are now smoother, both in-game and during replays.
- Better handling of larger memory Android devices (6 GB+)
- Custom HUD Layout users can now toggle the visibility of buttons across Combat/Build modes.
- The Combat/Build quickbar is now resizeable within Custom HUD Layout.
- Players can now edit structures while in combat mode while holding any weapon.
Red – Hidden
Green – Visible
Blue – Does not affect visibility
Buttons will only be shown when they are relevant to the player, even when set to “visible”.
Example: Buttons shown while holding a weapon will only be shown on screen while a weapon is being held.
This includes extra buttons.
- The first weapon picked now properly equips automatically.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Fortnitemares Part 1 is now available!
Venture into the creepy lands of Hexsylvania and experience the “Vlad Moon Rising” questline. Now upgraded with additional narrative content! Earn Candy and spend it on Fortnitemare Llamas. Candy can be earned by playing missions in Hexslyvania or by defeating Miniboss mission alerts on the normal campaign missions.
All of the Fortnitemares Heroes from the past can be found in the Fortnitemare Llama:
- Marine Corpse Ramirez
- Skull Trooper Jonesy
- Hazard the 13th
- Catstructor Penny
- Shuriken Master Llamurai
- Sarah Hotep
- Ranger Beetlejess
The Llama also contains Fortnitemares Survivors. Collect the full set of survivors (in your Collection Book) to unlock the Legendary Pumpkin Launcher schematic!
- Miniboss Mission Alerts have been returned to their normal reward amounts, and once again grant Event Tickets (Candy) instead of Gold.
- Removed the Shared Hero Damage modifier from Mutant Storm mission alerts.
- Removed Power Rating requirement text from Deep Blu Somethings Quest Objectives.
Activating the pylons quest can be done in any zone.
- Survivors no longer suffer damage from the Exploding Deathburst modifier.
- Fixed a hitch when inserting BluGlo to create a bomb in the Deliver the Bomb mission.
- Added Mythic Soldier – Quickdraw Calamity to the Event Store
- Bloodfinder A.C. Outlander has returned and is available on the Event Store
- All Founders will receive a pair of new Heroes when they log in during the first few weeks of Fortnitemares:
Gunslinger who only needs six shots to get the job done.
New Perk: Six Shooter – The first 6 rounds in pistol magazines deal 12% increased damage and 24% increased impact.
Available on October 24 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
Available on October 24 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
Skull Ranger Ramirez and Brainiac Jonesy
- Fixed an issue where Goin’ Commando gained first shot accuracy.
- Goin’ Commando now uses a camera more consistent with similar weapons.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
A new set of Rat Rod weapons are available in the Fortnitemares Llama:
- Two Step
Fast-firing LMG with a large magazine size and a ramp-up time.
A medium club with a good balance of damage and speed.
A light axe with a good balance of damage and impact.
A 2-shot burst shotgun that decimates targets at mid-range.
A fast-firing automatic sniper rifle for combat at mid to long range.
- Weapons that trace through world objects, such as the Obliterator, will no longer cause issues with visual effects when near a Constructor Plasma Pulse Ability.
- Fixed reload cycle not being interrupted when firing weapons that reload in stages. (e.g. one bullet at a time). This affects most shotguns as well as the Super Shredder.
- Weak Spot will now show on Deliver the Bomb Rail Traps, if being struck by a player.
- When aiming at an enemy, the crosshair/reticle will no longer change to red.
- Fixed the minimap from showing a yellow exclamation mark when it shouldn’t for discovery quests
- Fixed players not respawning if they fall out of the world while downed during the respawn delay timer.
- Collision for player built structures no longer persists after the structure is destroyed.
- This would happen when shooting a player built structure and an enemy with the same shot using certain weapons.
- Players are still unable to destroy player built structures by shooting them.
- Fixed an issue where shadows would occasionally flicker.
- Fixed a graphical corruption issue on PS4. This could cause flashing lights and dark pixelation artifacts to appear in the fog that surrounds Husks as they spawn.
- Vampiric Takers appear in Hexslyvania! These Mist Monsters drain your health to heal themselves when they attack and are weakened during the day.
- Some of the Husks have got their heads stuck in Jack-o-Lanterns, making them look even more spooky than usual!
- Updated the message shown when a player fails to join a mission due to a low power rating.
- This will help communicate the reason for the failure.
- Fixed the layout of the Stats Mode panel to match that of the Main Mode panel in the Item Details.
- Resource counts now update properly after a failed crafting attempt due to being eliminated.
- Atlas health bar no longer remains visible on the results screen
- Updated tutorial announcements to handle gamepad key bindings in the intro tutorial mission.
- Added gamepad tutorial text for switching to pickaxe in tutorial mission.
- Using Hoverboards no longer causes objective HUD indicators to disappear during Deliver the Bomb missions.
- Players will now always receive a “low power rating” message when trying to load into a Storm Shield Defense while in a party with a player below the minimum power rating.
- Fixed “Insufficient XP” error appearing sometimes after opening a Collection Book reward.
- Fortnitemares lobby, ambient and combat music updated.
- Added new Victory music when completing selected missions before the final Victory event.
- The music system threat level no longer remains in the low threat state for too long.
- Smoothed out the transitions for medium and high threat states.
- Fixed an issue with in-game sounds playing over opening cinematics.
- Fixed an issue with Shielder character voice triggering twice