Destiny’s Age of Triumph event brings back the Crota’s End raid this week. Here’s what you need to know.
Destiny: Rise of Iron players can check in with Age of Triumph, a new event kicking off this week, to check out a stack of new stuff to do.
Most excitingly, Age of Triumph brings back old raids with little tweaks and a big difficulty boost, putting them on par with Destiny: Rise of Iron content. The first raid to get this treatment is Crota’s End.
If you’ve never played Crota’s End before, you’re in for a treat (and we have a Destiny: The Dark Below Crota’s End raid guide for you) but in the video above, Arekkz talks us through what’s changed in Crota’s End with Destiny: Age of Triumph and details both challenge modes. This information is reproduced in text below.
Destiny: Age of Triumph Crota’s End raid changes
- More adds, including Wizards, at the bridge construction in the abyss section.
Stage 1: Abyss
- After the fourth Guardian crosses the bridge in the second section, the bridge will become solid (“the path is whole”) and Guardians can leave plates freely.
- Six swords will spawn once all Guardians cross the bridge in the second section, and remain until the encounter is complete.
- Multiple Gatekeepers will spawn once all Guardians cross the bridge. Ten Gatekeepers must be killed to open the gate out of the second section.
Stage 2: Bridge
- Healing Chalice available even in Hard Mode
- Oversoul spawns after every damage phase rather than on Guardian death
- Ledge outside glass wall blocked off
Destiny: Age of Triumph – Crota’s End Challenge Mode details
Deathsinger Challenge Mode: kill Ir Yut with a Swordbearer’s sword
After killing the Wizards and Shriekers, take down all adds and the Knights in the Deathsinger’s chamber, then leave. This will cause Ir Yut to “shriek in fear”, and spawn new adds in the external area. Take down all these enemies, including three Ogres and the Knights in the towers, to spawn a Swordbearer. Kill them and take the sword to the Deathsinger’s Chmaber; Ir Yu will go down in one swing.
The Deathsinger challenge mode awards an emblem, an ornament for raid gear, and a guaranteed Adept raid weapon.
Crota Challenge Mode: rotate Guardian swordbearers
As it says on the tin, use a new Guardian as swordbearer during each damage phase of the Crota encounter. Sorry! You’re going to have to learn to use the sword. Luckily if your swordbearers can land six hits with each damage phase you’ll only need three swordbearers total, as Crota takes 16 hits to kill.
The Crota challenge mode also awards an ornament for raid gear, a guaranteed Adept raid weapon, and the emblem if you didn’t already get it from Ir Yut.