Destiny beta on Xbox One hit with stabilisation issues

Wednesday, 23rd July 2014 08:11 GMT By Matt Martin

The Destiny beta for Xbox One is suffering from a few technical issues, including Party Stabilisation.

destiny

Developer Bungie has quickly updated its fans with advice on how to get around any problems in a series of tweets and an update on the official FAQ.

Teething problems like this are to be expected as the game has just launched on Xbox systems and is of course, a beta. The PS4 release last week was not without issues.

The beta came back online last night, earlier than expected.

But once you’re in and up and running it’s a hell of a game. Check out our full beginner’s guide here, which includes a detailed guide to the three character classes; Warlock, Titan and Hunter.

We’ll see you online.

1. Seventizz

Incoming the Sony trolls…

#1 4 months ago
  2. psxman

Kind of amazed that Bungie’s technical support is simply “Turn it off and on again”.

#2 4 months ago
  3. OrbitMonkey

^ Never worked in tech support have you?

#3 4 months ago
  4. truekeitaro

@Seventizz i have no intention of being a sony troll but xbone people completely deserve this. When ps4 had problems with their beta launching xbone people sat there and boasted about how xbone beta won’t have problems. So I am very satisfied with this slap to their smug little faces.

#4 4 months ago
  5. Hcw87

Xbox Live isn’t down, PSN went down for several minutes every single day during the first phase of their beta. Every night while playing, there was problems either connecting to PSN, or losing the connection.

PSN is known to be shit stability wise, and it’s proven over and over when shit like this happens.

#5 4 months ago
  6. polygem

stuff like this happens….remember battlefield 4 @ PS4 launch…that crap is hard to top.

you can say what you want about live but if you are fair you´ll realise that overall it is a rocksolid, reliable service and imo it still has a slight edge over psn in this regard.

#6 4 months ago
  7. Arcnail

Issues like this is the whole damn reason to have betas.

#7 4 months ago
  8. ddtd

@polygem Let me fix that for you:

“remember every battlefield launch since Bad Company 2…that crap is hard to top.”

#8 4 months ago
  9. lexph3re

@polygem it’s really funny because in the 7 years I played on my PS3 I never got knocked out of a single match of the fighters I played. Never booted out of the game to the home screen without someone kicking me and only times I experienced a point of not logging in or downloading something was during scheduled maintenance and that fiasco 3 years ago.

However, playing on XBL I have experienced on several occasions being knocked out of XBL mid play. Especially in SSF4 which on ps3 NEVER happened and I played that game religiously. I’ve experienced more lagged matches.

Now, I chalked it up to unique experience. But, I NEVER will say it’s a more reliable service just to say it. I also wouldn’t say it was a shit service due to what I experienced. As for the Destiny Beta, I also didn’t experience any complications installing Destiny BUT the beta did not queue in my list until a day afterwards.

Now, that begs the question of this, is that a PSN issue or is it a bungie issue? Could it also be an issue between both of them in terms of distribution? How many people do you also think are downloading this beta? With millions of pre-orders out there PLUS 3 more since each key can be used 3 times.

I don’t think this is a “Let’s blame PSN or XBL”. Let’s just enjoy what you got right now and right now. The game is amazingly fun.

#9 4 months ago
  10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Cause unplugging it and plugging it back in ALWAYS helps…………lol

#10 4 months ago
  11. polygem

@lexph3re

sure…

in my experience – owning the PS3 and the 360 for many, many years, live has been much more stable and reliable overall. like….much more stable.

i had several issues with the psn and downloading content on the playstation took twice as long as on the 360. the fact that after downloading the game you had to manually install the game didn´t help much either. it was such a chore and a terrible design flaw. so glad that these days are over.

if your experience with the psn has been different, it has been different. i can´t argue with that.

i had no issues with the destiny beta on ps4 either. it was all smooth and easy.
    same goes for everything i downloaded and played on the vita this far. things have become much better on playstation. no question about that…but to me, the ps3 was a mess of a videogame system (i am aware that a lot of people will strongly disagree with that – it´s ok) and it was the sony machine i enjoyed the least.

the ps4 does a lot of things better but i still don´t dig their interpretation of how a console UI should be designed. it looks and feels outdated to me, boring, uninspired. same on the vita.
    it´s not fun to use their consoles. it works but it lacks an identitiy.

to me the whole feel and concept of a videogame console is important. the playstation brand has a lot of homework to do in this regard.

this is nothing but opinion though.

i am not making an universal law out of this.

#11 4 months ago
  12. lexph3re

@polygem That’s a respectable opinion. For when I hear a beautiful melody others hear a cat in heat. I won’t fault that, I think it’s just the assumption of universal stability that throws me for a loop. It’s like when I’m dealing with our remote users to our local users in data transfers.

#12 4 months ago
  13. polygem

@lexph3re

i really enjoy my ps4 now though. i think destiny is a blast on the system. it is amazing and i cannot wait for diablo III. i think it will feel superb on the dualshock 4. i will even pick up the last of us again, just because i want to play more on the playstation and the dualshock 4. i enjoy the vita as well. both are doing a lot of things right and PS+ in combination with several PS devices is a much better value than live is.

i criticize the xbox one as well. i hate the ads for example.
    same goes for wiiu eventhough i have much warmer words for that thing because they nailed with it what i personally want from a nintendo console.
    this has been very different during the original wii era though.

all this can always change, has always changed. i have no preference for any of these machines eventhough some people give me that shit – that´s fine…but just not true.

almost everything i post is just personal opinion anyway. personal experience. sharing these, good or bad, is what i am here for.

#13 4 months ago
  14. newtain

Anyone on xbox one having trouble with party chat in the beta? If you snap the party app on screen, you can hear your party still. Sucks that the screen is a bit smaller, but it’s a fix for now

#14 4 months ago
  15. zoopdeloop

it was down for a few minutes…several and every day is exaggeration from your part.No wonder
    stability issues and disconnection within the game(and not PSN) is all Bungie.It is a Beta after all
    Check your connection.

#15 4 months ago
  16. zoopdeloop

@Hcw87
    double posting

Check your connection.

#16 4 months ago
  17. bobnice

Thats what a beta is for

#17 4 months ago