Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain E3 2014 demo is 30 minutes long

Friday, 6th June 2014 09:59 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will be at E3 2014, and press are being invited to see it running behind closed doors. Kojima has shed some light on the footage, and has also dropped details of the game’s new trailer.

metal-gear-solid-5-snake-phantom-pain-motorcycle-screenshot1

Director Hideo Kojima announced the demo during yesterday’s Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain PS4 gameplay stream. Hit it up to see the game running in real-time on Sony’s console.

Kojima confirmed that the E3 2014 demo shown to critics will be 30 minutes long, and he added that fans will also see a five-minute trailer come out of the show. We’ll be there to see the game on the show floor, and we’ll report back with all the juicy details.

Oh, and that 30-minute demo apparently took over 300 hours to make, according to Kojima.

Hungry for more E3 2014 goodness? Check out our list of the 28 most-anticipated games of the show.

Via DualShockers.

1. zoopdeloop

a whole Ground Zeroes then :P

#1 3 months ago
  2. Obernox

Goddamn, Kojima.

#2 3 months ago
  3. YoungZer0

@zoopdeloop

Lawl. True.

#3 3 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

How much of that gameplay presentation consists of cutscenes? Five minute trailer for men descending into madness, oh dear.

#4 3 months ago
  5. tmac2011

stop complaing about cutscenes if you hate them so much dont play metal gear solid so annoying….. i cant wait for a new phantom pain trailer and a release date already

#5 3 months ago
  6. Clupula

Yeah, I kinda hope that the real game has a better cutscene/gameplay ratio than Ground Zeroes had. I know I may be in the minority about this, but I missed having a long cutscene explain more about the story to me and I especially missed Codec conversations.

#6 3 months ago
  7. dazedonthemoon

Gets real redundant when people bitch about stuff that’s always been. Bring on the cut scenes Kojima! And thanks for showing time and love to E3 when so many others are flaking out.

#7 3 months ago
  8. lexph3re

I have been crack head status for PP details. GZ got me so hooked on the potential of PP. I wonder if you can tranquilize the horses?

#8 3 months ago