‘Wii U could let us make unique Resident Evil game’ – Capcom

Wednesday, 24th October 2012 10:25 GMT By Dave Cook

Resident Evil would find a great home on Wii U, Capcom has theorised. Take this one as the publisher purely thinking out loud, and not a confirmation, but Resident Evil: Revelations director Koshi Nakanishi has discussed why he feels the console would be a good fit for the franchise.

Speaking with ONM, Nakanishi said, The Wii U certainly looks like it will enable creators to come up with all kinds of never-before-seen gameplay ideas. There are lots of things I’d like to try out on it.”

“If I was to work on a game for the Wii U, I would definitely want to make something that couldn’t be done on any other hardware.”

“The GamePad’s separate screen enables so many possibilities, and playing on a television screen would enable sharing the experience in a way that wasn’t possible on Nintendo 3DS. I feel it would let us create a very unique and fun Resident Evil game.”

So that’s not a confirmation, but how would you like to see Resident Evil handled on Wii U? More remakes? Let us know below.

1. monkeygourmet

Make it happen, although Zombie U has kinda beaten them to the punch!

2. tezzer1985

I’m sure Capcom could make a very interesting unique game on the Wii U, but going by their track record, would it be any good?

3. aseddon130

You could make one, but you won’t. A port of RE6 wouldn’t really be ‘unique’ would it?

This is basically Capcom saying to Nintendo ‘hey, want exclusive rights to RE again??’

4. a7md1990

Capcom,

Stop wasting precious time and start making a real Resident Evil game, like a game that has Evil as a Resident inside of it. I’m sick and tired of your last shitty games,, didn’t buy RE6, I tell every gamer I know not to too, Revelations wasn’t any better also. I want to literally shit my pants while playing the next Resident Evil, that’s my only dream in this whole wide world, please Capcom, MAKE ME SHIT MY PANTS!.

5. _LarZen_

A HORROR Resident Evil game on the Wii U with fun and exciting gameplay elements with the new controller…

That would be something…

6. YoungZer0

“We could double the amount of explosions.”

7. mistermogul

Come on Capcom make it happen. I enjoyed Revelations on 3DS.

Something like Resi 2 or 4 would be nice :)

8. SameeR_Fisher

Just release Resident Evil Remake on the PS3/Xbox360/PC and I will be so happy, and if it proves a big success ((and it will)), make a Resident Evil 2 Remake and a Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Remake, and please I don’t want an HD Collection.

9. osric90

If they start with that stupid Nintendo exclusivity that kept other systems away from Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil Zero, go to fuckin’ hell, Capcom. Stop the damn exclusive stuff. Same with TECMO and the Fatal Frame series, same with Platinum with Bayonetta. I’m hating this Wii U thing and it’s not even out. You got to be joking.

10. vicrysty

With Resident Evil 4 I felt like something bad has changed with this franchise. Resident Evil 5 and the last resident evil 6 is mediocre. I want to remake Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3. And Resident Evil 1 (the one that appeared exclusively on the GameCube) bring it the other consoles ps3, xbox360, even on PC. Stop doing mediocre games. And quit with the exclusive for Wii.

11. The_Red

Cue the Resident Evil 6 “Armored Zombie edition” as a “unique and new” experience on Wii U.

12. xino

i hope RE6 makes it to Wii U with extra so it would make more meaning to get the Wii U.

judging by the critics, I don’t think they would bother porting it with extras.

what they can do is to release a new game on wii u:/