You’ll see Battlefield 3 “in the not too distant future,” says Soderlund

Tuesday, 2nd November 2010 14:45 GMT By Johnny Cullen

battlefield2

Battlefield 3 is coming. And its reveal isn’t too far out if comments from EA Games Europe VP Patrick Soderlund are a pointer.

“It’s going well,” he told Eurogamer in an interview when asked about its development.

“I’m very happy with what we have and I’m really excited about showing it to the world because we have something that is going to be very, very cool.”

When asked we’d see it, Soderlund added: “You’ll see. You’ll know probably sooner than I will. You are going to be able to see it in the not too distant future. The marketing guys would kill me if I told you when.”

EA told VG247 back in August it was willing to give developer DICE all the space it needs to create the shooter, saying it doesn’t want to disturb the Swedish studio with “marketing and PR.”

A beta of the shooter, included within copies of Medal of Honor, is due to kick off within the next year for PS3, 360 and PC.

Soderlund talked to Joe Anderson about EA’s attempts to revive Need for Speed with Criterion’s Hot Pursuit. Get that and his hands-on of the racer here.

1. endgame

with bfbc2 being so f**king amazing I can’t wait for bf3. I’m probably going to s**t my pants when I see it. I just hope I can run it.. :)

2. LOLshock94

stfu

3. themadjock

That’s the reason I bought Medal of Honour, just for the beta key… sad I know. MoH SP was good but way too short, MP was horrible compared with BFBC2

4. Jan

I hope they keep going with their own style and not copying MW to much :(

5. Erthazus

That is going to be HOT.

Battlefield 1942 – Masterpiece
    Battlefield 2 – Masterpiece
    Battlefield 2142 – reskin of BF2
    Battlefield:BC – Good game with major flaws
    Battlefield:BC2 – Brilliant game

Battlefield 3 must be a masterpiece or i’m gonna cry too much again :( We don’t need Bad companies. We want something NEW, massive and fun to play with vehicles, DESTRUCTION, Less Meta Gameplay shit, with more than 64 players online. 64 players were in BF 2. We need MOAR.

6. OrbitMonkey

^ valium is your friend.

7. Shokaku

They should cancel BF3 to 2012-2013 and first remake the multiplayer of MoH. DICE sux.. they made worst MoH mp ever, Pacific Assault and Airborne had better multiplayer with 1/2 of cost.

8. artdafoo

Let’s get this clear guys, they already said the PC version will be better than the console version, for obvious reasons, and if you’re gonna start crying why, then you’re just not living in reality. So if your talking about BF3 for consoles I think we can expect something like.
    20+ vs 25+ max with full destruction including more vehicles, bigger maps etc. I mean basically take BC2 and double up on everything like map size, players, vehicles, weapons and add more options like character customization, and there you go. Now BF3 for the PC is a whole other beast, as well it should be, DICE should not be forced to make a game to cater only to consoles when you can do so much more on a PC. So no more crying about how Bf3 will be gimped cuz of consoles.