The VG247 Community and Game Awards 2009
And here we are. Another year almost done, and we're still here. Why? Because you read the website. Better than that, you spend your time getting involved and making VG247 what it is by commenting, giving us your feedback, suggesting upgrades and pressing F5 when it matters. Without you we're nothing. It's time to give something back.
Below are details on the second VG247 community awards. We're adding game awards as well this year. You matter. They're watching.
VG247 Community Awards 2009
- Best Poster (Overall) - There's no specific criteria for this. Which community member was "best"? Do as thou wilt. The winner gets a retail DJ Hero Renegade Edition for 360.
- Best Poster (Trade) - Rightly or wrongly, we're reporting on a subject surrounded by a ridiculous amount of bluff and misinformation. This award should go to the reader who did the best job this year of adding depth to our trade coverage. The winner gets a blue DSi and a copy of Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics.
- Best Fanboy - VG247's community wouldn't be what it is without insane people fighting over bits of plastic. While we're reticent to applaud those that clearly struggle with the concept of "perspective" in their day-to-day lives, there's something oddly romantic about a childish mentalist having schadenfreude sex-wees every time someone charges for something or a port's framerate drops. Whoever wins this gets promo copies of Forza 3 and Assassin's Creed II (PS3), and a retail copy of the Age of Empires Complete Edition. Because, you know, it could go either way.
- The Shatner - We did a lot of thinking about whether or not to do this, but given the fact the entire site's indelibly stained with Shatner's blood - to his delight, no doubt - it'd be churlish to deny him his legacy. You're voting for a proper twat here. The Shatner isn't awarded to a "fanboy". Whoever wins this award should be a relentless troll exploiting our lenient banning policy for selfish means, someone apparently committed to behaving in a way specifically designed to damage VG247 and its general user experience. The prize? Whoever wins gets banned for the next 12 months. From one legend to another. Choose carefully, kids.
- We are the mod - We need a mod to watch for and delete spam in both the comments and on the forum. Nothing else. Vote for someone who can be granted admin rights and won't turn into a Nazi.
VG247 Game Awards 2009
- Best Publisher - One company only, please.
- Best Developer - This is going to be tough, but there can be only one. Not two. One.
- Best Game of 2009 - It's been a fantastic year. We're not going to give a shortlist, but you can only vote for one game each. Don't fuck with our mojos by giving us a 1-100 list, or anything stupid.
- Most Anticipated Game of 2010 - We don't need to explain this, right? Again, please nominate only one game.
How to vote - Mail your nominations to patrick [at] vg247.com with the subject "VG247 community awards 2009". We'll announce all the winners next Monday, December 14, so everyone will get their prizes before Christmas.