Stranger Things Season 3 starts on July 4, and that's also when Stranger Things 3: The Game will be released.
That's right: Stranger Things 3: The Game will be released day-and-date with season three of the Netflix series.
Developed and published by BonusXP in collaboration with Netflix, the game will act as a "companion" to the Stranger Things series.
Announced at The Game Awards 2018, the adventure game blends retro 16-bit art style with exploration gameplay. You can also expect puzzles, and plenty of combat. It also supports two player local, drop-in/drop-out co-op, or single-player alongside an AI partner.
You can choose to take on the role of one of twelve characters from the show, each with their own unique abilities and attributes.
In the game, you'll not only "relive events from the series," but also uncover "never-before-seen" Stranger Things secrets. Sounds cool.
Below is a list of features provided by the developer.
Stranger Things 3: The Game - features
- Experience the show in a new way, exploring the eerie world of Hawkins to uncover new mysteries beyond what’s seen in Season 3.
- Jump right into the action of this pick-up-and-play adventure: simple gameplay mechanics allow fans of all skill levels to get in on the fun.
- Take your game to the next level by trying out different character combinations and collecting all the secrets the expansive world of Hawkins has to offer.
- Team up with a friend, leveraging drop-in/drop-out local co-op to take on the mysterious monsters of Hawkins together. While playing solo, use a collection of “buddy commands” to control both characters and still experience all the fun.
- Choose from 12 playable characters, each with their own unique talents and stats.
Stranger Things 3: The Game will release on PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.