Sony Online Entertainment's put up a new blog post which details how it plans to compensate its customers and when they can expect its services to come back online.
It has offered "At least a few more days" as the time frame for its MMOs to resume service. However, it has also posted a detailed report on how it plans to reward the user base for sticking around in these testing times.
All current SOE players will receive 30 days of game time added to the end of the current billing cycle, as well as one day for every day the system's been down added to their accounts. SOE also provided a list of in-game items, Station cash, events, bonuses, and currency which will be on offer depending the game users are subscribed to.
This is applicable for both the PC and PS3 versions. You can find the lot below:
- DC Universe Online: Batman and Two-Face Inspired Masks and 30 Marks of Distinction
- Free Realms: Free daily items (7 to collect)
- Clone Wars Adventures: Count Dooku v2 Outfit
- EverQuest: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains
- EverQuest II and EverQuest II Extended: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Guild XP, Loot Bonanza, and City Festivals
- Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: A series of Double XP events
- Star Wars Galaxies: Bounty Hunter Statue, a miniature model of Boba Fett's ship, the Slave I
- Magic: The Gathering - Tactics: Four of each of these spells: "Ivory Mask", "Duress" and "Angelheart Vial", plus 500 Station Cash
- PoxNora: Limited edition Carrionling, Welcome Back 5K Gold Award Tournaments and two Draft Tournaments, plus 500 Station Cash
In addition to these, lifetime subscribers will be granted in-game currency: 20,000 coins for Free Realms, 7,500 Galactic Credits for Clone Wars Adventures and 10 Marks of Distinction for DC Universe Online. All Station Access subscribers will receive 500 Station Cash.
US SOE subscribers will receive complimentary enrollment in Debix for a year, which is a reputable identity protection firm. Non US subscribers will be offered similar programs, depending upon availability, and SOE will provide details regarding the same at a later date.
Sony Online Entertainment had taken its services offline on May 3rd after being hacked.