Far Harbor was re-released on the PlayStation Store because the initial version ran terribly.
Fallout 4: you'll have to re-download Far Harbor DLC to fix PS4 performance issues
Fallout 4 DLC Far Harbor came out very recently on all platforms. The PlayStation 4 release, however, ran the worst, according to multiple reports.
Bethesda was quick to recognise the issue, promising to release a patch to take care of reported problems. That patch never materialised.
Instead, the studio released an updated version of the add-on itself on the North American PlayStation Store. This updated release should address performance issues, but you'll obviously have to re-download Far Harbor.
Here are the steps you need to follow, according to the developer.
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
As for the EU side, Bethesda promised to share more details about an update "in the very near future".
We'll update this story when we learn more about the EU version.