Disney Mirrorverse takes nearly the whole roster of beloved Disney heroes and gives them a dark fantasy makeover as Guardians of an alternate universe.
The list of Disney Mirrorverse characters is made up of Disney and Pixar stalwarts like Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story and Sulley from Monsters Inc. Even more are being announced all the time, and we'll add them to this page when they are.
It’s not just characters from older Disney films you can play as though, since Mirrorverse also includes Guardians from the likes of Moana, Onward and Inside Out.
However, as well as collecting characters, you use them to ward off evil using magic, skills and abilities to deal damage to Fractured and heal your friends.
The game is out now, so here’s everything you need to know about Disney Mirrorverse characters and building the best team.
Disney Mirrorverse Characters
Here’s a big list of all of the currently announced Disney Mirrorverse characters, as well as the movies you might remember them from.
- Mickey Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
- Genie - Aladdin
- Sulley - Monsters Inc
- Belle - Beauty and the Beast
- Maleficent - Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent
- Merida - Brave
- Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Caribbean
- Buzz Lightyear - Toy Story
- Donald Duck
- Baloo - The Jungle Book
- Ian Lightfoot - Onward
- Scrooge McDuck - Ducktales
- Anger - Inside Out
- Judy Hopps - Zootopia
- Maui - Moana
- Baymax - Big Hero 6
- Mulan - Mulan
These characters haven’t appeared in official material on Disney Mirrorverse socials, but do appear in footage captured from the beta.
- Rapunzel - Tangled
- Hercules - Hercules
- Ariel - The Little Mermaid
- Jack Skellington - The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Hades - Hercules
- Ursula - The Little Mermaid
- EVE - Wall-E
- Mike Wazowski - Monsters Inc
- Captain Frank Wolff - Jungle Cruise
- Scar - The Lion King
- Tinkerbell - Peter Pan
- Experiment 626 - Lilo and Stitch
- Gaston - Beauty and the Beast
- Aladdin - Aladdin
- Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6
- Elsa - Frozen
As you can see, there are more than 20 Guardians confirmed to choose from so far, but with so many films to pick from there is potential for a lot more.
We’ll add more to the roster as they come out, with new Guardians appearing regularly on the official Facebook and Twitter pages.
Disney Mirrorverse Gameplay - How to build the best team
Disney Mirrorverse could be described as an ARPG or action role-playing game.
You control a team of Disney characters, called Guardians, from a third-person perspective and fight back the Fractured forces of evil using magic and character-specific abilities.
These include smaller scale skills like Sulley’s defensive shield, or huge magical attacks like Maleficent’s dragon transformation.
The trailer at the top of the page, as well as the embedded tweet below gives you a brief glimpse of how everything plays out.
Prepare to enter... the Mirrorverse 💥— #DisneyMirrorverse (@Mirrorverse) March 22, 2022
Pre-Register Disney Mirrorverse today to collect exclusive rewards at Launch and stand strong against sinister Fractured forces. Coming to mobile on June 23! Pre-Register now: https://t.co/85uO0xE451#DisneyMirrorverse #Kabam pic.twitter.com/U1h72Maudj
Each character slots into one of 4 roles: Melee, Tank, Ranged and Support.
- Melee Guardians slug it out up-close-and-personal in hand-to-hand combat with Fractured
- Tank Guardians use defensive powers to draw enemies away from their allies
- Ranged Guardians pick off foes from afar using magic or bows and arrows
- Support Guardians use healing magic and spells to increase the power of their friends
You will need to create a team with varied strengths and weaknesses to succeed in battle and progress through the Mirrorverse story.
To create the best team in Disney Mirrorverse you need to pair characters of different types together to create combos.
Here are some things you could try:
- Pair two Melee Guardians with a Support Guardian who can heal them as they take and deal out huge amounts of damage
- Exploit the long-reaching attacks of a Ranged Guardian to deal big damage while a Tank or Melee Guardian soaks up all of the attention of enemies.
- For extra tough challenges, why not load up on all Tank Guardians? What you lack in damage output you make up for in raw survivability and can spam your special abilities until the enemy is defeated.
How to upgrade Guardians in Disney Mirrorverse
An important part of saving the Mirrorverse from the Fractured is upgrading your roster of Guardians.
As well as their Star Rating from 1-5, each Guardian has a level inside of that Star Rating from 1-10. Once a Guardian reaches level 10 at a certain Star Rating, they go up to the next one and get more powerful.
Guardians can earn XP and level up just by doing story missions, but you can upgrade them more quickly in the character screen by using "Motes".
Motes are bundles of power that grant your Guardians quick XP and are collected by completing story missions, completing quests, and generally playing Disney Mirrorverse.
You can get different kinds of Motes for each type of character - Melee, Ranged, Tank and Support - as well as Universal Motes that can be used for any.
Be sure to spend your Motes wisely and beef up your Guardians as much as possible!