The Vikings were hard, but Valheim is harder. So it’s a good thing our Valheim guides have the tips and strategies to help you survive primordial purgatory.
Real-life Vikings may have crossed hundreds of miles of rough and freezing cold seas to reach new lands, but when they arrived, were they killed in one hit by a deathsquito?
Didn’t think so.
The land of Valheim is harsh, and if you’re going to complete Odin’s task, you’ll need to cultivate arable land, craft the most useful items, and defeat the most difficult enemies.
We’ve split the tips in our Valheim guides up into three categories. Each one breaking down a different aspect of the Early Access survival sandbox.
The first deals with poorly explained or confusing systems within the world of Valheim, including transport, collecting food, and similar ideas.
While the second deals with how you craft interesting, useful, or powerful items.
Finally, a lot of things in Valheim are tied to defeating the mighty bosses, who you must summon and fight to progress into different areas and unlock new things.
Valheim Tips and Guides
Valheim Systems Guides
The tips in these Valheim guides discuss some of the more complex systems at play as you bring order to the realm at the behest of Odin.
- How to build and upgrade boats | Upgrading to a longship
- Haldor the merchant | Finding the trader to purchase Ymir flesh and more
- How to plant seeds | Crafting a cultivator, finding and planting seeds
- How to repair tools | Building a workbench and maintaining tools
- Best Weapons and Armour | The best equipment and how to get it
- Multiplayer: How to set up a dedicated server | Your co-op options explained
- Best seeds | Great world map seeds for biomes, resources, and more
- Building ideas and house design | Constructing your dream longhouse
- Console commands | Cheats to get you through Viking purgatory
- Best mods | Valheim Plus, first person view, and more
Valheim Crafting Guides
What would a survival game be without crafting? These guides show you how to create some of the most useful items in Valheim.
- Where to find copper | How to mine copper ore and craft it into bronze
- Pickaxes, Wood Axes, and Battleaxes | How to craft every axe
- The Kraken | How to harvest and craft with abyssal barnacles
Valheim Boss Guides
Valheim isn’t an empty wilderness. Lurking in wait are five powerful bosses, each unlocking new adventures throughout the world. Here’s how to defeat them.
- First boss | How to summon and defeat Eikthyr the Stag and find Surtling Cores
- The Swamp | How to get the swamp key by defeating The Elder
- Bonemass boss | Collecting withered bones and detecting silver with Wishbone
- Moder boss | How to unlock black metal crafting and the artisan’s table
- Final boss | How to summon and defeat Yagluth
Since launch, Valheim has seen smash-hit success – rising all the way to the top three on Steam soon after release.