The Resident Evil 3 Remake comes to consoles and PC later this year, so let’s take a look at everything we know and, most importantly, what big changes are happening.
Capcom confirmed that a Resident Evil 3 Remake was in the works in late 2019 but details are still somewhat thin on the ground. What we do know is that some big changes are coming to Resident Evil 3 Remake, such as with the character Carlos Oliveira, though other characters will also be getting a big narrative upgrade.
With all of that in mind, let’s take a look at everything we know about the Resident Evil 3 Remake so far. You can also check out what Alex thought in our Resident Evil 3 Remake preview here.
|Resident Evil 3 Remake|
|Release date:||April 3|
|Available on:||PC, PS4 and Xbox One|
|Does it have multiplayer?||Yes, it comes with 4v1 multiplayer mode Resistance for free|
Resident Evil 3 Remake: release date
Resident Evil 3 Remake releases on April 3 for PS4, Xbox One and Steam for PC. You’ll also get a copy of Resident Evil Resistance, the new 4v1 co-op spin-off.
Resident Evil 3 Remake: demo
A Resident Evil 3 Remake 3 demo is coming soon, but we don’t have a date just yet. It’s like that the demo will become available in March, as there are only a few weeks left to wait until Resident Evil 3 Remake’s release date in April.
It was written in the STARS… 💫
A Resident Evil 3 Demo is on the way. We'll have more details in the near future! pic.twitter.com/wqN2AwI3pH
— Resident Evil (@RE_Games) February 25, 2020
Resident Evil 3 Remake: pre-order bonuses
There are two versions of Resident Evil 3 Remake to pre-order: the Standard Edition on all platforms and Collector’s Edition for the PS4. Both editions come with the Jill and Carlos classic costume pack and the digital PS4 edition will come with a special theme
The PS4 Collector’s edition comes with:
- An 11-inch figure of Jill Valentine
- Digital soundtrack
- Raccoon City survival map
Resident Evil 3 Remake: Nemesis, confirmed characters and more
Resident Evil 3 Remake will use the same AI logic used for Mr X for the Nemesis, which means it’s going to be even more terrifying than you remember, even if it has a tiny wee nose. What’s also even more terrifying is that the Nemesis can use weapons, like a flamethrower.
Sound design has also been given an overhaul and you’ll have to listen carefully to try and locate zombies and other enemies.The camera will also be over the shoulder, as it was in Resident Evil 2 Remake and there will be much more frequent action than in the original.
More details were also revealed about which characters you can expect to see in Resident Evil 3 Remake, which you can check out below:
- Brad Vickers – He is one of the sole survivors of the Mansion Incident (depicted in the original Resident Evil) and helped with investigations into Umbrella Corp. As one of the last surviving members of S.T.A.R.S. in Raccoon City, he’s also in Nemesis’ sights.
- Mikhail Victor – The U.B.C.S. commanding officer is a leader with years of military and commanding experience. Mikhail was seriously injured in his team’s mission to evacuate survivors from Raccoon City. Despite his dire circumstances, he still does as much as he can to help civilians and his platoon. It is his compassion to save Raccoon City’s citizens that convince Jill to help their cause.
- Nicholai Ginovaef – This U.B.C.S. team leader is incredibly resilient, cold and calculating, willing to make the necessary sacrifices for the mission and his own benefit. Nicholai dismisses Jill as a “bleeding heart” who will get herself killed.
- Tyrell Patrick – This U.B.C.S. member is a seasoned veteran specializing in hacking and disabling security devices. Tyrell provides invaluable support from behind the lines.
- Murphy Seeker – This U.B.C.S. member and former U.S. Marine is an exceptional sniper. Like Mikhail, he also gets seriously injured during the Raccoon City mission.
- Dario Rosso – A civilian Jill encounters in a warehouse in uptown Raccoon City who is reeling from the shock of losing his family. Dario rejects Jill’s pleas to escape the crumbling city.
- Hunter enemy – Both Jill and Carlos will encounter this terrifying new monster. These bioweapons were created by combining the genetic material of humans and reptiles, creating an incredibly fast and powerful adversary.
Resident Evil 3 Remake: Resident Evil Resistance
The Resident Evil 3 Remake includes Resident Evil Resistance as part of the same package, which is the 4v1 multiplayer mode previously known as Project Resistance. The comes in place of Mercenaries, the old bonus mode.