Want 100% completion in Red Dead Redemption 2? Then you’ll want to make a start on the challenges.
There are 90 challenges available in Red Dead Redemption 2, split into nine categories. If you complete all ten challenges in any of the categories you’ll gain better attributes, money and, best of all, reinforced equipment you can acquire from the trapper.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Outfits and Clothes
In order to receive reinforced gear from the Trapper, you must complete the first, third, seventh and tenth challenges in each category.
Having a full set of gear will unlock additional bonuses to your stats, such as increased health, more ammo capacity or a reduced weapon degradation rate.
Attributes can also be improved by completing challenges. Once you’ve collected a complete set of gear, you get a permanent bonus tank to your main attribute bars. Complete all the sets and you’ll get a second bonus tank linked to that attribute.
Health, Dead-Eye and Stamina are each tied to three categories:
- Health: Horseman, Sharpshooter and Weapons Expert
- Stamina: Bandit, Gambler and Master Hunter
- Dead-Eye: Explorer, Herbalist and Survivalist
Once you’ve collected a complete set of gear, you can add two permanent bonus tanks to your main attribute bars.
After you’ve completed every challenge you’ll unlock the Legend of the East outfit, which comes with a tonne of bonuses, but before you can get your hands on it, you’ll need to work your way through all of these challenges.
You can check out what kind of top gear you can get from the Trapper in our guide here.
Red Dead Redemption 2 challenges
Most of these challenges are fairly straightforward and almost act as tutorials for all the things you can do in Red Dead Redemption 2, such as picking ‘herbs or finding a treasure map.
You must complete the challenges in order, so complete the first task to unlock the second, then the second to unlock the third and so on.
You can attempt these challenges at any time throughout Red Dead Redemption 2. It would be wise to start working on them early in the game to minimize the grind later on as you’ll need to finish them all if you want to reach 100% completion.
A lot of these challenges involve hunting, so it would be a good idea to check out our hunting guide on where to find Legendary animals and how to make the perfect kill.
- Hold up five townsfolk.
- Rob any two coaches or return any two stolen coaches to the Fence.
- Rob the cash register in any four shops in one day.
- Rob any three coaches or return any three stolen coaches to the fence in a day.
- Amass $250 bounty in one state.
- Steal five horses and sell them to the Horse Fence at Clemens Cove.
- Rob $50 worth of cash and valuables from townsfolk and travellers.
- Steal seven wagons and sell them to the Fence at Emerald Ranch.
- Hogtie someone and leave them on the railroad three times.
- Complete five train robberies without dying or being caught.
- Find a Treasure Map
- Find a Treasure x9
- Win five hands of poker.
- In Blackjack, double down and win the hand five times.
- Win three games of Five Finger Fillet.
- Bust one poker location out in each location (Flatneck Station, Saint Denis, Valentine).
- Win three rounds of dominoes without drawing any tiles against two or fewer opponents.
- Beat the Blackjack dealer in two locations (Rhodes and Van Horn).
- Beat the five finger fillet player in every location (Strawberry, Valentine, Van Horn).
- Win three hands of Blackjack with three hits or more.
- Win three games of dominoes in a row.
- Win three hands of Poker in a row.
- Pick six Yarrow.
- Pick and eat four spices (types) of berry.
- Craft seven items using sage as an ingredient.
- Pick five mushrooms and feed them to your horse.
- Craft nine items using Indian Tobacco as an ingredient.
- Pick 15 different species of herb.
- Craft and use five special miracle tonics.
- Use oleander to craft six poison weapons.
- Pick one of each species of herb.
- Season and cook all 11 types of meat.
- Kill five rabbits from horseback.
- Jump over three obstacles in 15 seconds.
- Ride from Valentine to Rhodes in less than five minutes.
- While mounted, drag a victim for 3300 feet using your lasso.
- Trample five animals while on horseback.
- Ride from Strawberry to Saint Denis in less than nine minutes without touching any water.
- Kill seven enemies from horseback without dismounting.
- Kill nine predators from horseback.
- Ride from Van Horn to Blackwater in less than 17 minutes without touching any water.
- Break every wild horse breed.
Master Hunter Challenges
- Skin three deer.
- Collect three perfect quality rabbit pelts.
- Track 10 different animal species using your binoculars.
- Call an animal and get a clean kill five times.
- Skin three black or grizzly bears.
- Kill five cougars with your bow, then skin them.
- Use bait to lure and kill both a herbivore and predator.
- Catch three fish without using a fishing rod.
- Catch an opossum playing possum.
- Find and kill the legendary panther “Giaguaro”.
- Kill three flying birds.
- Kill two different species of animal in the same Dead Eye use.
- Kill five flying birds while on a moving train.
- Kill someone at 80 feet away with a tomahawk.
- Kill six animals without switching or reloading your weapon.
- Kill someone at least 660 feet away with a long scoped rifle.
- Get seven headshots in a row.
- Disarm three enemies without reloading or switching your weapon.
- Shoot three people’s hats off in the same Dead Eye use.
- Kill three flying birds with three consecutive long scoped rifle shots.
- Catch three Bluegill fish.
- Hand five animals into camp or trapper.
- Kill five animals with a varmint rifle.
- Craft a dynamite, fire, improved, poison, and small game arrow.
- Catch a fish in the Bayou from a riverboat and while standing on train tracks.
- Kill a scavenging animal while it is feeding a corpse five times.
- Kill eight small game animals with consecutive shots, using small game arrows.
- Craft a homing tomahawk, improved tomahawk, volatile dynamite, and volatile fire bottle.
- Catch a fish that weighs at least 19lb.
- Catch one of each type of fish throughout the world.
Weapons Expert Challenges
- Kill three enemies with a knife.
- Kill three enemies in 10 seconds using only throwing knives.
- Kill three birds of prey using only a tomahawk.
- Kill 10 enemies with a shotgun using crafted ammo.
- Kill five mounted enemies, using one throwing knife per kill.
- Kill four enemies at the same time with a single stick of dynamite.
- Kill four consecutive enemies by throwing and retrieving the same tomahawk.
- Kill 15 enemies using a long-barrelled shotgun.
- Kill nine unaware enemies from behind, using the bow.
- Kill a grizzly bear without taking damage, using only throwing knives.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Legend of the East outfit
After completing every challenge, you’ll receive the Legend of the East outfit that comes with a number of bonuses, as well as being super stylish:
- Dead eye
- Attribute Experience
Decreases the speed at which all attribute cores (including horse cores) drain by 10%.
Decreases melee damage sustained by 10%.
Decreases the speed at which the Dead eye meter drains by 10% for three seconds (also applies to Eagle Eye, but permanently).
Increases the experience (XP) you obtain for all three attributes by 10%.
Decreases the damage you receive while on horseback by 10%.
Increases money acquired by looting by 10%.
Slows the degradation of all weapons by 10%.
Now that you’ve got to grip with the basics, here’s our guide to the best weapons in Red Dead Redemption 2. If you want to get rich quick, find a fence or want to know where to hunt legendary animals, then check out our complete Red Dead Redemption 2 guide here.