Destiny’s first expansion, The Dark Below has been given a release date and has been officially detailed by Activision.
In a press released sent earlier, Destiny publisher Activision confirmed that The Dark Below expansion will launch on December 9. The Dark Below is the first of two expansions coming to Destiny, and will be priced £19.99($20). The Expansion Pass is priced £34.99($35).
Here’s a look at everything you’re getting come December.
- New weapons, armour and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions – after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New co-operative Strike – The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
- -Pantheon – set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- -Skyshock – an old interplanetary defence array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
- -The Cauldron – an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid – Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive co-operative Strike, The Undying Mind and an exotic weapon, and more (timed exclusive until at least Autumn 2015).
Have a look at the gallery below for some screenshots.