The Last of Us: Remastered was revealed for PS4 earlier this morning, before being confirmed by Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida.
The game was noticed by Eurogamer when it popped up on the US PSN store as a day-one digital release.
Yoshida’s Twitter account confirmed the listing, stating: “SCEA can confirm The Last of Us Remastered is coming to PS4, and we’ll be sharing more details with you shortly.”
The game is also listed on Amazon for pre-order placeholder date.
The listing also has the game featuring “1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements.”
The Last of Us: Remastered, according to the listing, also includes the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and the Left Behind Single Player campaign.
Neil Druckmann stated on Twitter, that Naughty Dog is developing the remastered version and is “targeting 60fps.”
It is also available for pre-order through other retailers, and it will include the following pre-order bonuses:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
The Last of Us: Remastered will release on PS4 this summer.