Tag Archives: patches
Fri, May 25, 2012 | 08:07 BST
Capcom USA’s Corporate Officer/Senior Vice President Christian Svensson has confirmed to balance-hungry fans that patches for the PC version of Street Fighter X Tekken and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition on the PC are both on the way in the near future.
Wed, Dec 14, 2011 | 23:49 GMT
Star Wars: The Old Republic is only just getting its very first breaths of life, but its creators already have grand plans for the future. Game director James Ohlen talked about some of their future plans. More »
Fri, Jul 29, 2011 | 21:38 BST
It’s kind of like Shrek the Third, only better, obviously.
Fri, Oct 15, 2010 | 15:32 BST
Over on the official message boards for Civilization V, there’s a partial patch listing posted with loads of updates planned for the game.
Fri, May 07, 2010 | 16:48 BST
DICE has announced that on May 11, console users who play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will get a massive update to the game.
Sat, Apr 17, 2010 | 16:31 BST
Gas Powered Games has released a massive patch for Supreme Commander 2, which follows up the one released last week for ranked matches.
Fri, Nov 06, 2009 | 16:16 GMT
BioWare has released a small PC patch for Dragon Age: Origins that not only fixes a few bugs but it also boosts combat stats for party members on Normal Mode, and it makes the Easy mode, well, easier.
Here are the patch notes:
- Fixed potential corruption of character statistics
- Fixed portrait appearance sliders when importing a character from the downloadable Character Creator
- Fixed import for preset face settings from the downloadable Character Creator
- Made Easy difficulty easier
- Slightly increased attack, defense, and damage scores for all party members at Normal difficulty
- Fixed video issues when running on a very wide screen display, including ATI Eyefinity displays
Sat, Oct 10, 2009 | 19:33 BST
Sat, Oct 10, 2009 | 19:24 BST
This week in indie and other games of interest, we have an update on Gray Matter, some free-to-play titles, and a couple demos for you to try out.
Also of note: Iceberg Interactive’s announced the release of the bundle British Horror Pack consisting of Dark Fall: The Journal Classic Edition, Dark Fall: Lights Out The Director’s Cut Edition, and Barrow Hill; Slitherine has digitally released History: Great Battles – Medieval earlier than the physical disc; and there’s a zombie game titled Zombie Driver which has you pulling a Rebecca Gayheart on the undead with your vehicle.
Loads more is through the jump. Be prepared. It’ a massive wall of text and bullets.
Sun, Mar 29, 2009 | 12:10 BST
According to a post over on the Killzone 2 community site, the game will be patched to 1.21 this coming week.
The option to create unranked games will also be added due to bots being abused during ranked play — should stop people from getting banned after this.
Here’s a list:
- Increase of the standard points settings for Bodycount. Should ensure longer mode on heavily populated games.
- The option to create unranked games. Players will be made aware that a game is unranked upon joining.
- Fix to list of games displayed on search.
Guerilla is also investigating other issues for future patches.
- Controls. Seeing about giving more options.
- More game options for clans
- Improvements to help play with friends
Downloadable content is also currently in the works but no details were mentioned.
Full patch notes and the list of possible updates are listed after the break.
Fri, Mar 20, 2009 | 14:37 GMT
Blizzard has patched Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos (v1.23a), Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne (v1.23a).
Here are the changes to expect:
- Added a new banner ad system to Battle.net.
- Fixed an exploit where an altered custom map would be seen identical to the original custom map.
- Fixed an issue where some patches could not apply on Intel Macs.
Wed, Mar 11, 2009 | 21:27 GMT
Epic has patched the PS3 version of Unreal Tournament III a week early–but apparently the update’s not as large as planned.
Originally to be released March 5, the date was changed to March 19 due to the certification process taking time.
Now, Epic plans on releasing a second patch containing the goodies left out of this one.
The live update patches split-screen play, Trophies, and tweaks some other bits. No word on when the next one can be expected.
Original patch specs are listed below.
Fri, Feb 13, 2009 | 21:00 GMT
Extensive patch notes are through the link, but it mainly boils down to new multiplayer maps and bug fixes.
The Dawn Of War 2 community site says the update is currently in testing at Microsoft and should be released within a few days of launch.
Bad things? Leaderboards and player stats will be reset when it goes live due to formatting changes.
The game’s out on February 20.
Fri, Feb 06, 2009 | 19:15 GMT
World of Warcraft’s official forums are alight today with news of character classes changes in the upcoming patch 3.1.
Full details are too in-depth to outline here, but according to Eurogamer, a new raid dungeon called Ulduar along with dual talent specializations (fingers crossed) will be added. Other than that, this is what you can expect:
- No more consumable ammunition for Hunters
- A substantial boost for Protection-spec Paladins
- Major improvements to the Priest class, especially in group healing
- General buffs for Rogues and Shamans
- Efficiency improvements for Warriors and Warlocks (with the penalty for Warriors changing stances being much lighter)
- Mana regeneration is being reined in across the board
- Streamlining every class
- Bring tank classes into line with each other
- Leveling out imbalance in the damage dealing classes
- Healing during boss battles will be more of a challenge with mana changes.
Patch 3.1 has yet to be tested, but seeing that it is to be released sometime within the next few months, it should start soon.