Bungie has released a heap of new details for its upcoming shooter, Destiny. The developer has revealed the starting dates of the beta for all platforms and revealed the first details about The Dark Below, the shooter’s first expansion coming post-launch.
In a press release sent to VG247 earlier, publisher Activision confirmed that the beta dates for pre-order customers are as follows:
- The Beta begins first for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 at 10:00am PDT on July 17
- The Beta begins for Xbox One and Xbox 360 at 10:00am PDT on July 23
- The Beta will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 21 – July 22 and open back up to pre-order participants across all platforms until 11:59pm PDT on July 27
Destiny will also have two collector’s edition in the form of the Limited Edition ($99.99), and the Ghost Edition ($149.99), both of which will include:
- Limited edition SteelBook Case and Game Disc
- Guardian Folio, which includes Arms & Armament Field Guide, postcards from the Golden Age and an antique Star Chart
- Collector’s Edition Digital Content Pack, which includes unique Ghost casing, exclusive player emblem, exclusive player ship variant
- Destiny Expansion Pass, which includes access to two expansion coming post-launch
In addition, the Ghost Edition will come with the following:
- Ghost replica, featuring motion-activated lights and voice recordings from award-winning actor Peter Dinklage, voice of the Ghost character, the player’s personal companion in the game
- Letter of Introduction
- Golden Age Relics, which include a Photo, Patch, Sticker and two Chrome slides of the Traveler
The post-launch expansions will contain story missions, co-op activities and multiplayer maps, new weapons, armour and gear. Each pack will cost $19.99 individually, or $34.99 for the Expansion Pass. Only the expansion names have been revealed, with no date as of yet:
- Expansion I: The Dark Below – set deep beneath the surface of the Moon, discover an ancient tomb that has been unsealed, and a dark god who has risen an evil army in the depths of the Hellmouth, the home of the Hive enemy race
- Expansion II: House of Wolves – details will be revealed later
- PlayStation platforms will also include additional exclusive content for Expansion I and II and will remain exclusive until at least Fall of 2015
A digital edition will also be made available for digital pre-orders, dubbed the Digital Guardian Edition, and it will include a digital copy of the game along with the Expansion Pass and all the digital content found the in the Collector’s Edition.
There’s also a new trailer that we’ve added for you below:
Finally, have a look at the various editions in the gallery below:
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.