Pokemon X & Y still tops on Media Create, Wii U moves over 38,000 units

Wednesday, 6th November 2013 14:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Pokemon X and Y was still in the number one slot on the Media Create charts in Japan for the week ending November 3, and while the title helped 3DS LL maintain its spot at number one, Wii U soared to second place with 38,802 units sold thanks to the release of Wii Party U.

Here’s the full software chart for October 28 – November 3. Life-to-date sales are in parentheses. Last week’s sales are here.

1. [3DS] Pokemon X and Y (Nintendo, 10/12/13) – 162,347 (2,731,470)
  2. [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013 (Konami, 10/24/13) – 52,826 (136,709)
  3. [3DS] Danball Senki Wars (Level-5, 10/31/13) – 50,217 (New)
  4. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom, 09/14/13) – 46,729 (2,872,106)
  5. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013 (Konami, 10/24/13) – 38,179 (74,181)
  6. [Wii U] Wii Party U (Nintendo, 10/31/13) – 37,371 (New)
  7. [PSV] Gundam Breaker (Namco Bandai, 10/31/13) – 33,775 (New)
  8. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two, 10/10/13) – 32,666 (531,266)
  9. [PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth 1 (Compile Heart, 10/31/13) – 31,811 (New)
  10. [PS3] Tears to Tiara II: Haou no Matsuei (Aquaplus, 10/31/13) – 24,422 (New)
  11. [PS3] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (Arc System Works, 10/24/13) – 14,307 (86,771)
  12. [3DS] Sentouchu Densetsu no Shinobi to Survival Battle (Namco Bandai, 10/17/13) – 13,563 (76,137)
  13. [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013 (Konami, 10/24/13) – 12,866 (37,197)
  14. [PSP] Diabolik Lovers More, Blood (Idea Factory, 10/24/13) – 5,929 (16,411)
  15. [3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life (Nintendo, 04/18/13) – 5,421 (1,485,035)
  16. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 5,263 (3,456,116)
  17. [PSP] Shinsou Version: Heart no Kuni no Alice Wonderful Wonder World (QuinRose, 10/31/13) – 4,811 (New)
  18. [PSV] DanganRonpa 1&2 Reload (Spike Chunsoft, 10/10/13) – 4,412 (100,574)
  19. [PSP] Seishun Hajimemashita! (Honeybee, 10/31/13) – 4,352 (New)
  20. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (Namco Bandai, 08/01/13) – 4,156 (305,203)

Here’s the full hardware chart for Week 43. Last week’s sales are in parentheses:

• 3DS LL – 58,627 (69,001)
  • Wii U – 38,802 (2,598)
  • 3DS – 29,749 (40,507)
  • PSV – 27,618 (24,513)
  • PS3 – 11,148 (11,460)
  • PSP – 3,680 (3,807)
  • Wii – 477 (742)
  • 360 – 328 (351)

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. monkeygourmet

I’m surprised Wii U party helped the sales.

Nintendo in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Edit for number crunch:

Top Nintendo game sells 109,521 more copies than its closest rival.

Nintendo sells 127,655 consoles, it’s rivals sell:

Sony : 42,446
    MS : 328

That’s 85,209 consoles over its nearest rival.

#1 12 months ago
  2. Legendaryboss

Wii U outsold 3DS!!!!!
    The original.

Was there not also bundles for Wii U launching this week? May have also contributed to this?

PS3+PS Vita are holding steadily. Bomba below that.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Dragon

Great number for Wii U, mainly because of the bundle.
    And Wii Party U sold about 70k including bundles. One of the highest FW for Wii U software in Japan. MC doesn’t add bundles in software numbers, hence the lower number. Quite good.

Will be interesting to see how long this boost is.

Vita is doing great too. Quite surprised that it held 25k+ despite having no big games (only 2 PS3 remakes) this week.

Overall, a very good week. Holidays coming.

#3 12 months ago
  4. dreamcastnews

I sincerely hope we are heading towards the end of the one year dead zone that Nintendo machines seem to suffer from. It makes sense that the console would start to gain sales towards Christmas so it’s seriously down to Nintendo to pull the stops out.

I doubt it’ll last but good on them :)

#4 12 months ago
  5. Francis O

Just about a week or two ago, both Dragon and LegendaryJAss were saying the Wii U is dead because of the MEDIA Create sales charts.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Hcw87

Nintendo should thank all the casuals and mum and dads around the world.

This console got _NOTHING_ to offer me as a core gamer though.

I wonder how long until they’ll announce their next gen console.

#6 12 months ago
  7. Legendaryboss

And what are we both saying now? Something that doesn’t fit in your “oh holy of Nintendo” nonsense/agenda? Oh look the “I forbid it” in regards to calling Wii U dead which i didn’t in your scenario has appeared.

I’m sorry that ain’t going to fly Nintendroid, until someone attacks for me calling PS Vita dead and listing problems like i do similarly for Wii U. This is a case of I forbid it, oh holy thou Nintendo and/or pro-nintendo sensitivity which isn’t an excuse enough for me to
    counter.

Also i find it amusing how you fixate on negative problems in your head when positive comments arise and do the opposite.

#7 12 months ago
  8. polygem

@6: you just aren’t hardcore enough for the wiiu man. seriously, that beast of a videogameconsole just isn’t for you teenage *hardcore* cute gamers. don’t give up. you can get there if you work hard enough. be hardcore!

#8 12 months ago
  9. Francis O

Legendaryidiot, that should be your new permanent name. You’re too dense to see the subliminal hints I left in my statement.

My comment was to let you idiots know to stop hanging your opinion on a console from week to week like jackasses.

Let things play out instead of being emotional tampon soaked idiots that base your opinion on something on a whim from week to week.

Fucking idiot. This has NOTHING to do with being Nintendroid.

#9 12 months ago
  10. Legendaryboss

Your only proving my point: thats another approach/extension/poor attack of “I forbid it.” Thats covers everything your saying (if only i could link that gif). Your the only ONE getting emotional over Dragon calling Wii U dead, i did not say it.

Nintendroid remark was a point about you in general.

#10 12 months ago
  11. game_on

If Wii Party U pushes this much consoles, imagine what Super Mario 3D World will do…
    Wii U finally taking off!

#11 12 months ago
  12. CyberMarco

@Francis

“Let price drops happen, let new software come out, let marketing come in. Just because something doesn’t sell good one week or for a few, doesn’t mean its dead or it should be considered that way.”

So I presume we wont see any critical statement of yours regarding the PS4/XB1, if they have a year+ of a so-so success. Well, not until all the things you mentioned above take place I guess…

#12 12 months ago
  13. Francis O

And you completely side stepped my point because you can’t answer my rebuttal.

Nobody is proving your point.

Both you and Dragon are both like tweens that base decisions from week to week instead of giving a console proper time to develop get games, ect..

It took the PS3 damn near 3 years to get some good sales going. Both of you guys don’t like Nintendo, so you’ll be rash, and quick to judge. Like a teenager going through emotional distress.

All I did was call to light that two weeks ago you guys were dooming and have been dooming the Wii U.

Stop basing this shit from week to week. Just wait at LEAST two year, damn.

#13 12 months ago
  14. Francis O

@12 CyberMarco

Of course!

All platforms need time to mature.

PS3, Xbox 360, DS, 3DS, all experienced slow sales.

Nothing will change next gen, especially in Japan. The 3DS is going to spank the Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One combined.

#14 12 months ago
  15. CyberMarco

“The 3DS is going to spank the Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One combined.”

Apples and apricots…

#15 12 months ago
  16. Legendaryboss

I didn’t side-step you did but not me, what you did and are still doing is “forbidding me” in a hostile way. And your overlooking the fact that I did not doom Wii U.

I will only offer a rebuttal when you A. Stop insulting. B. Stop the “I forbid it approach”. C. acknowledge the fact the i am not dooming Wii U. D. acknowledge the fact that “i don’t like Nintendo” is in your head. E. acknowledge the fact that “i forbid it approach” is only happening with Nintendo.

I’m not going to judge platforms on your terms, but mine. You don’t like it deal with it but stop taking the “I forbid it approach” on everything Nintendo.

#16 12 months ago
  17. Super Girevik

This is indeed surprising. Let’s see what happens after Super Mario 3D World, which looks stunning, and Mario Kart 8 hit the stores. I personally do not want to see Nintendo go, they bring a different approach to gaming.

To this day, I kick myself for not buying Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii. What a dullard I proved to be! I won’t make the same mistake with X.

#17 12 months ago
  18. Francis O

No its not.

The 3DS isn’t a smart phone or something. Its gets counted against every other dedicated gaming machine out there.

It that wasn’t the case, why don’t they separate the portable devices from the console devices?

@16 you didn’t doom the Wii U? You agreed with Dragon its pretty much dead before it got a official price cut, or bundles, or even has been on the Japanese market for year.

You refuted that Zelda will help sales in the US based on nothing but your imagination instead of ACTUALLY looking at past Zelda games, and how they sell in America compared to Japan.

Now that the Wii U sales are picking up, you’re backtracking? LOL, like I said, you make your decisions on a whim from week to week.

#18 12 months ago
  19. Joe Musashi

“..You’re too dense to see the subliminal hints I left in my statement.”

Yes. When I think of Francis O, I think of his subtle tone:

“…you idiots…like jackasses….emotional tampon soaked idiots….Fucking idiot.”

Wait a moment..

“This has NOTHING to do with being Nintendroid.”

..that’s an implicit confession if I ever saw one!

“Just wait at LEAST two year, damn.”

This is a statement worth remembering.

Well done Nintendo, your 3DS continues to dominate. ヽ(´ー`)ノ

JM

#19 12 months ago
  20. Francis O

I was purely responding to LegendaryJackass, not you. And when I think of Joe i Think of:

“We do not own our own games”

You’re the only “gamer” that would claim that. Go work for Microsoft bot.

#20 12 months ago
  21. Super Girevik

Nice to see the Vita selling reasonably well. That’s a great handheld that just needs a little help. Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog need to show support for this system.

#21 12 months ago
  22. Joe Musashi

@20 I’m glad you remember me for being factually accurate. A shame that you misquote me though.

JM

#22 12 months ago
  23. Legendaryboss

@Francis
    I love your misinterpretation on everything i say it even continues in an article i linked.

“You agreed with Dragon its pretty much dead before it got a official price cut, or bundles, or even has been on the Japanese market for year.”

“Now that the Wii U sales are picking up, you’re backtracking?” You can’t backtrack on something i never said.

“you make your decisions on a whim from week to week.” Oh are you no longer forbidding it?

I’m judging the platforms based on the sales on a week by week basis which is done by MC on a week by week basis.

Interesting while i was looking for the comment in which i agreed to a point with Dragon i stumbled upon this: “Nintendo taking the number one software and two hardware is not a bad thing. And when more software comes out it will be right back there at the top” “Nintendo is at the top of the charts…. it sucks it wasn’t enough.” You judged performance on a week by week basis. Of course the numbers agreed with you.

“You refuted that Zelda will help sales in the US based on nothing but your imagination” Uh no i refuted your initial claim which said Zelda always sells then you said usually, i was refuting the change of words not the sales. LOL my imagination, coming from you how many exclusives on Wii U have you checked off that list of your games that you thought would propel Nintendo to number 1?

#23 12 months ago
  24. Francis O

“Can’t find the article, but i know i told you twice this is close to what i said i agreed with Dragon to a point, can’t remember that point but it wasn’t doomed.”

Dragon said the Wii U is pretty much dead, you agreed with him. Plain and simple.

- No you’ve been judging the “fate” of a console based on a week to week basis. Don’t lie, you have. You agreed with the drone corporate slave Dragon.

- Unlike you drones I own every SINGLE GAME I’ve mentioned will help the Wii U sell. Because I’m a gamer, and I’m more worried about the GOOD games then you troll/Sony slaves will ever be.

All you guys do is comment on Nintendo and their games, yet HAVE NO INTENSION of playing.

You guys are just trolling on sales numbers, every single week. Seriously, even if the Wii U did end up selling a lot….are you guys going play Mario Kart 8 next year? What about Monolith SOft’s X, Shin Megami Tensei, Bayonetta 2, Zelda Wii U, DKC Tropical Freeze. NOPE

You guys aren’t going to play ANY of Nintendo’s games….SO WHY ARE YOU SO WORRIED ABOUT THEIR sales to comment every single time.

Easy, drone/Sony slaves.

#24 12 months ago
  25. Legendaryboss

^ Ah i see the overlooking of what i said multiple times to suit your agenda, lies, Bitterness, consiparcy theories, stuff you can’t prove and the i forbid it approach returns.

Okay i going to say this again prove it all, links i want to see links to my comments where i admitted to all of it, because your just bullshitting otherwise and that would mean your spouting nothing.

When did I ever say that all the games on my list would “propel the Wii U to #1″ Your words: “And when more software comes out it will be right back there at the top”

I’m done with you until i see links to all of what your saying, because i’m confident you can’t prove it.

“You guys are just trolling on sales numbers, every single week.” Like this week, oh no. Well its a disproven point anyway “Seriously, even if the Wii U did end up selling a lot….are you guys going play Mario Kart 8 next year…” So we need to play them in order to talk figures, again we are not doing things on your terms. Okay then do not list the following phrase until those games launch “what will happen when game….” Because that is hoping for big things to happen.

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/family-guy-gif-hater-0.gif Troll harder…

#25 12 months ago
  26. Joe Musashi

When Francis is right, well, he’s right. It’s true. I HAVE NO INTENSION of playing those games.

JM

#26 12 months ago
  27. polygem

the triforce of ninjajoelegendragon…give it a break guys. 1,2,3 repeater.

#27 12 months ago
  28. Francis O

Legendayidiot, answer the question.

If you dont plan on playing any of nintendo’s games, why are you always on everysingle thread about nintendo?

I dont comment or waste my time with shit im not going to play anything on…. like the Iphone games or some shit.

#28 12 months ago
  29. Francis O

And joe, of couse u arent going to play nintendo’s games. I can tell by your posts you are a bot with no real passion for gaming.

Go work for ms, bot

#29 12 months ago
  30. Super Girevik

Francis, do you know if there are any plans to re-release Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii? I want to play this game but I don’t want to pay $80 for a used copy.

By the way, I enjoy all games. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all engender incredible games 8)

#30 12 months ago
  31. Francis O

As of now I have no clue, I have to think they will do some type of promotion with Monolith Soft’s X Next year.

#31 12 months ago