Pokemon X & Y: Luminose City save game bug fix arrives on 3DS

Friday, 25th October 2013 11:53 GMT By Dave Cook

Pokemon X & Y has been patched by Game Freak. The update removes a save-breaking bug that saw players losing their progress while saving in certain area of Luminose City.

Nintendo Life reports that the bug saw the game freeze when trying to re-load saves created in the city. Nintendo has published the update on the 3DS eShop now. Go grab it and continue your adventure folks.

Meanwhile, Game Freak has stressed that Pokemon X & Y DLC would ruin the ‘worldview’ of the series. It’s something they told me during my recent interview as well.

Did you run into the bug? Let us know below.

1. thiz

The picture you use for XY News are Fake-Pokémon… doesnt look to good on a serious newspage to use fakes found on the internet even tho the game is out for long now.

#1 6 months ago
  2. HyperDerp69

Yeah, that pic is three fake Pokemon… unless you know something we don’t? :D

#2 6 months ago
  3. Francis O

Did you run into the bug?

- Yes I did, lots of bugs actually:

Weedle, Caterpie, Volbeat, Scatterbug….and more.

#3 6 months ago
  4. Kidbuu42

fake pokemon huh? And every other Wii U article has the prototype console pictured instead the final product.

#4 6 months ago
  5. TheWulf

Guys, Pokemon are so damned weird with their visual designs that it’d be hard for a news poster to know exactly what’s fake and what’s not.

Even I’m not sure of all of what’s fake and what’s not, yet.

Pokemon have been getting weirder and weirder with every generation of them (not that I mind that, at all), up to the point where we had sentient ice cream cones as Pokemon. That’s a thing that happened. That happened. And then there were the Zoroark that could ‘take on human form’ via passive brainwashing powers.

Pokemon is weird.

I kind of really dig it because it’s as weird as hell, but I also don’t blame someone for not knowing what’s fake from what’s real. >_>

#5 6 months ago