Pokemon X & Y require 14,000 blocks each – report

Friday, 2nd August 2013 11:19 GMT By Dave Owen

It might be time to start clearing some space on your 3DS. The Pokemon website has revealed that Pokemon X and Y will each occupy 1.7GB worth of space on the system’s SD Card. That equates to approximately 14,000 blocks.

The news came after it was announced that both Pokemon X and Y will be available in Japan via a special download card in retail stores. These will be in addition to the standard cartridge and eShop releases. The cards revealed the monster capacity that the games will require on your SD card.

It has also been confirmed that the two versions of the game will not be able to communicate with one another if downloaded onto the same system – not that you’re likely to have the space.

Thanks, Serebii.

1. livewired500

I don’t understand what the issue is? Is the 1.7gb just for the the save file or is that the entire game after downloaded?

1.7gb on a 32gb SD card isn’t all that much.

Though I refuse to get digital content from Nintendo ever since I lost all my games-which I had purchased and not had a chance to even play-to a defective Wii that was only two weeks old. So I have plenty of space on my SD card.

Though my wallet does love Nintendo’s console locked content policy. I would have spent three or four hundred on 3ds games.

#1 1 year ago
  2. TheWulf

I think, if anything, this proves that Nintendo’s ridiculous proprietary cartridge system is just idiocy.

Since the article says that you have to install nearly 2gb~ along with having the cartridge, and if that’s the case then Nintendo is doing things very wrong.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dragon246

Couldn’t Ninty use traditional file size words that the entire world uses, like MB or GB?

#3 1 year ago
  4. MarcoosVGC

@2 I have no idea what you are trying to say here… if you think that you need 1.7GB AND the game cart, you are wrong. This is the file size if you want to download the game from the eShop, and not buy a physical copy.

@3 They do on the actual download card, the MB/GB are usually in brackets after the block number.

#4 1 year ago
  5. monkeygourmet

You can use SD cards, Nintendo should be praised for this really.

Amazon:

32gb SD card : £19.99

32gb Vita Memory Card : £54.99

You can get 32gb SD’s for £15 or less if you shop around.

#5 1 year ago