Star Wars: Battlefront won’t just be re-skinned Battlefield, says DICE

Thursday, 13th June 2013 11:25 GMT By Dave Cook

Star Wars: Battlefront is in the works at DICE for unconfirmed formats, but the studio has stressed that it won’t just be Battlefield in Stromtrooper’s clothing.

Speaking with IGN, DICE’s Patrick Bach said, “We don’t want Star Wars plus Battlefield, because that would be boring, right?”

The game was announced during EA’s E3 presser, and although it’s coming after the Disney Star Wars deal, Bach added that “LucasArts wanted [DICE] to build a Battlefront game.”

In case you missed the Star Wars: Battlefront trailer, you can watch it here.

1. POOP CRUSTY

I can already see the motion blur. On the upside, imagine them adding destructible buildings in cloud city like that BF4 gameplay had…. 0.0

2. harr0w

Stop teasing DICE give me details bitches, details!!!

3. manamana

Ay news on Battlefront are very much appreciated – so thank you!

4. Lewis247

Out of the entire deal this was the one thing I wanted so badly. Sure, a new KOTOR game to make up for 2 would be great from Bioware but DICE will rock the shit out of a battlefront game.

Just think, huge maps, loads of weapons and vehicles.

If they pull off going between land and space, which I think they will, then I’ll be hooked for years.

5. Malmer

So it will be a re-skinned Battlefield then? :)

6. ran93r

Honestly wouldn’t care if it was a reskinned BF, good enough for me.

7. Kyle Jackson

I hope it will be a re-skinned Battlefield, I love the series.

8. manamana

I have a feeling that they will even implement a Death Star. They could nowadays …

9. mojo

i always thought that was excatly what made the first two games so great.
    Thats why i wanted BF 3 so bad.

Dont fuck this up DICE, i warn you!

10. ps3fanboy

now the big question will it come to the ps3?…

11. Tavarish

@5 Hasn’t Battlefront games always been basically re-skinned Battlefields? I don’t try to be jerk or clever about it, but I have seen them as games that have Battlefield core and just uses Star Wars as lore and backdrop.

Edit: @11 Please fuck no. Sooner they shoot current-gen to head with double barrel shotgun better off video gaming is.