Sections

EA denies it planned to buy LucasArts from Disney at one point

Wednesday, 10th April 2013 19:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A report on Kotaku, which contains another video of the canned Battlefront 3, states that at one point, EA was considering a LucasArts buyout. However, labels president Frank Gibeau has said that is not the case.

According to the source speaking with the site, EA had its eye on LucasArts until issues with SimCity’s launch occurred and CEO John Riccitiello announced his resignation.

“The entire game industry is in transition as we build more efficient organizations to deliver games on popular new platforms like mobile and consoles,” said Frank Gibeau. “EA is not currently considering any major acquisitions.”

Now, the Battlefront 3 video the site has up, doesn’t have any sound, but you can get a look at what might have been had the troubled project finally hit shelves.

Disney announced the closure of LucasArts earlier this month, and said it plans on licensing out its Star Wars IP to other game developers.

Latest

3 Comments

  1. Specialist89

    To be honest, I don’t know if having LucasArts bought from EA would’ve been worse than having it closed by Disney.

    #1 2 years ago
  2. NightCrawler1970

    Well EA have the money, so buyout everybody accept RockStar… those are not for SALE!!!

    #2 2 years ago
  3. rusty_shackleford

    Now I am glad Disney shut it down, better dead than EA.

    #3 2 years ago

Comments are now closed on this article.