Rumour: DICE planning Battlefield Premium, Close Quarters launching June 12

Monday, 14th May 2012 15:19 GMT By Johnny Cullen

DICE is set to introduce its equivalent of CoD Elite, called Battlefield Premium, at E3, according to a Battlefieldo rumour.

According to the site, Battlefield Premium will debut on June 4 – that’s the day of EA’s E3 press conference, chief – featuring “a number of content drops with unique in-game items not available anywhere else.”

It added: “First out is the one-of-a-kind Premium knife and black dog tag, plus a set of soldier camos, weapon camos, dog tags and Assignments that will make sure you stand out and get more personalisation options.”

DICE introduced the free-to-use social service Battlelog at E3 last year.

It goes on to state that second Battlefield 3 expansion Close Quarters will launch on June 12. This is followed by the release of bonus content in August, plus the previously-confirmed autumn and winter releases of Armored Kill and End Game.

It also has down a fifth expansion pack for March 2013. Intrim DICE CEO Patrick Bach told VG247 recently that BF3 support could extend up to 18 months after the shooter’s release.

“We make sure that if you’re a Battlefield player, there should be plenty of Battlefield for you to spend your days on,” said Bach. “And again, we are focusing on giving you 12-18 months of value for Battlefield 3 and the expansion packs we’re releasing.”

1. freedoms_stain

How about a hotfix for the M26 glitch?

2. StolenGlory

On a related note of BF3, it looks like the official DICE servers are back up according to the official DICE twitter.

3. Hunam

12 to 18 months of value?

I think people played BF2 for 5 years…

4. Maximum Payne

@3 12 to 18 months with dlc,patches,updates…

5. KAP

DICE prided themselfs with Battlelog now this shit smh

6. Yoshi

If I’m honest, I’m fine with this… as long as this means more long lasting (longer than 12-18 months) DLC (maps/vehicles etc) and that you can pick and choose the DLC if you don’t want to get this full service :D

7. Peetry

Tbh honest at first I was really skeptical about these ‘premium’ services, however I have to remind myself that I have played 330 hours of BF3 and have thus far given EA/DICE £40, a whopping 12p-ish per hour. With that kind of playtime I guess I’m the target for these services and I think as long as they are relativily cheap I will probably subscribe

8. albo88

if they will keep up with this shit then just go free to play and that’s it no one play’s battlefield or COD for its single player so yeah

9. ManuOtaku

I will get it if they will bring back the Dice Servers again, if not iam done with BF3, i will not get any new DLC´s anymore , and it is a shame because i do like the game a lot, scratch i did like the game a lot as original intended.