Far Cry 3 screenshots show explosions, crazy locals

Thursday, 16th February 2012 17:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft has released a batch of screenshots for Far Cry 3 to go along with game’s first trailer, which was released yesterday. The game takes place on an island where some crazy hoodlums cause havoc for unwitting tourists James Brody, his lady love, and a friend. James’ girlfriend gets kidnapped, and as he searches for her, he starts suffering from mental breakdown and had hallucinations based on an “unreliable perspective.” Other occupants of the island are suffering from the same mental issues. It all sounds very interesting, and you will be able to try it out for yourself on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 when the game releases in September. You should also check out this piece regarding the game’s motion capture over on the EU PS Blog to get more insight into the game’s creation.

1. DSB

Wow, they’re certainly trying to make it look like Far Cry.

I don’t know what to make of that. Some of those places look ripped straight from the original game.

2. HeavyD-Love

Holy hell this looks gorgeous! What are we looking at here PC screenshots I’m assuming?

3. Edo

Yeap, those screenshots look pretty sweet,much more colourful than the FC2.

4. YoungZer0

So … there actually IS a mad scientist.

lol. I mean literally.

There also seems to be much more going on, looks like you even have some allies in your team. Never expected that.

5. Edo

#4 Everyone on the island is apparently mad.

6. YoungZer0

@5: Yeah i know, i just had a conversation with DSB yesterday about how i take a crazy psychopath like Vas (Mohawk dude) any day instead of crazy scientists.

Seems like they found a way to put them both into the game.

So that’s kind of funny.

7. DSB

The thing that keeps popping into my head is “They fucked us last time”.

Far Cry 2 is possibly the most effective example of hyping a terrible game that I’ve ever been exposed to. I don’t know if I was more naive back then, but I bought it hook, line and sinker.

They brought amazing screenshots, and pretty much went as far as they could without directly lying about the game.

It was truly ridiculous. The screenshots looked picture perfect, the gameplay sounded like some of the most open, innovative stuff we’d seen yet, and what we got was such a steaming pile of shit.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Same engine, same studio – Same shit? I’m inclined to think so until proven otherwise.

8. Phoenixblight

I actually enjoyed Farcry 2 so I am looking forward to this game.

9. Len

Loved FC2 and a big fan of the original so can’t wait for this.

It’s all about the mushrooms by the look of things… ;)

10. Edo

http://www.gamespot.com/far-cry-3/previews/the-split-personalities-of-far-cry-3-6350422/ Includes more gampelay footage,footage from yesterday’s CGI trailer and a bunch of new info about the game given by the developers of Far Cry 3.

11. Maximum Payne

@10 Tnx that look awesome.I really think its going to be better then Far Cry 2.