Sections

Star Wars: Identities domain registrations “not” gaming related, says Lucasrts

Thursday, 10th November 2011 16:16 GMT By Staff

A couple of new Lucasfilm domain registrations inked to recent activity at developer Lucasarts have been confirmed as nothing to do with a game in development.

According to a Lucasarts representative speaking to Eurogamer, domain registrations for StarWarsIdentities aren’t gaming related.

“I can’t comment on rumours or speculation,” said the spokesperson, “however, I can confirm that this is not a video game.”

Yesterday, a report over on Fusible stated LucasFilms made three new registrations on a similar theme – StarWarsIdentities.com, StarWarsIdentites.com (a common typo) and sw-id.com.

Although not made through the game arm of George Lucas’s media empire, Eurogamer noted that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed developer Lucasarts was caught hiring for a new project earlier this year.

The new game is said to be open-world, and Lucasarts has indicated it will continue making Star wars titles. Therefore, it wasn’t hard to draw a few speculative conclusions, was it?

Breaking news

8 Comments

Sign in to post a comment.

  1. Yoshi

    It’s a subscription service which costs £100 each month and for that you get a pretty sparkly card that says you’re from the Star Wars universe :D Then if you look on the back there is a quote from George Lucas that says “Can I have more moneyz please? <3"

    #1 3 years ago
  2. pukem0n

    no no, the quote on the back says: “pay 100$ a month or i alter the original trilogy even further”

    #2 3 years ago
  3. daytripper

    looks more likely they have disowned the battlefront series, what a shame

    #3 3 years ago
  4. GrimRita

    Its a shame that the past decade has seen LucasArts go from an exciting publisher/developer then turn into a studio lacking in every area.

    It wont be too long before a new top twat arrives and hires people they fired earlier in the year. Its a pointless cycle that LucasArts have been in now for a long time.

    Battlefront was alot of fun in multiplayer but now, the bar has been raised so high since BF2 that it will only disappoint.

    #4 3 years ago
  5. manamana

    Still mindboggling how they dropped Battlefront3. It was such a huge IP. Instead they focus on unleashed and crappy kiddies games…. Lucastarts failed!

    #5 3 years ago
  6. daytripper

    they have renewed the battlefront domain name till 2013

    http://www.battlefront3.net/2011/10/a-few-small-updates-domain-vga/

    #6 3 years ago
  7. manamana

    ^ thats good news. I’m still angry for the servershutdown on Battlefront1&2. Once in a while I play them, though. Also great was Republic Commando. Its still fun but a little outdated…

    #7 3 years ago
  8. Talkar

    I’m just glad there is coming more Star Wars xD I’m going to play SWToR, and i’m also gonna go to the movies in february to watch Episode 1 (yes i know) in 3D ^^ I’ll admit it. I’m a fanboy.

    #8 3 years ago