Battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer servers restored

Wednesday, 26th October 2011 02:21 GMT By Brenna Hillier

DICE and EA have restored Battlefield 3′s Xbox 360 multiplayer servers, which went down earlier today.

The Battlefield Twitter offered the following good news moments ago:

“The Xbox 360 issues are now resolved. Thank you for your patience!”

The servers went down right in prime gaming time for Battlefield 3′s US launch, resulting in a flood of angry fans demanding answers.

Previously, the representative had assured gamers that DICE was “aware of the server issues on the Xbox 360″ and was “working to correct them as soon as possible”.

The servers seem to have been patchy at best, and in some cases totally inaccessible, for over two hours. No explanation was given.

Battlefield 3 launched in the US today, and arrives in other territories this week.

1. xino

awww…and xbox gamers are paying £45 a year for xbox live.

lol. But still this is unacceptable considering it’s the launch period :/

2. Ireland Michael

This is to be expected wit any new release.

The first few days of any popular multiplayer game are going to have server problems. They are not this magical thing that just “work”. Funky things happen when they get hammered with that much information at once.

Oh look, the issue is already resolved!

Crisis averted!

Can we stop making mountains out of molehills now?

3. DarkElfa

problems with the PC servers as well, lol

FAIL!

Don’t get me wrong, I own it.

4. Charlie Sheen

Whoever said the beta was used for servers is a complete and untter cunt.

WINNING.

5. ASBI

:D

6. The_Party_Bead

its utter not untter…fail

7. DonnerKebab

@2 EA’s servers are notoriously bad.

Always have been.

The connection early yesterday, i.e. when there were less players globally, was woeful. Think: running 3 steps forward and then finding yourself back where you started. Over and over again.

But when you look at the server list (on the 360) it tells you all the pings are perfect.

It’s not acceptable on a predominantly multiplayer product. Simple as that.

8. Ge0force

#1 EA hosts the servers, but doesn’t get a single cent from what you pay for Xbox Live.

9. Fin

I’m fairly certain Blops had a grand total of 0 problems when it launched.

10. DUFFKING

Aside from the PC version not working and the PS3 version… not working?

11. Fin

I played on 360 and had no problems. Don’t recall problems with the others.

12. Yoshi

An American friend of mine was getting annoyed with a few lag issues and connection issues, I asked him what time it was over there 7pm he said… Some people need to understand prime time problems with a new release :P

13. Ireland Michael

@7 And they’ll be sorted out within a day or two, and never trouble us again.

Read a book or… *gasp*… go outside in the meantime.

People make such big issues out of the meaningless shit sometimes.

14. viralshag

@Fin, BLOPS had bit of a shocking start from what I recall on the PS3. All sorts of MP and connection issues and it having a lot of “down time” in the start. I remember it because I spent most of the first few hours looking around the internet waiting for them to come up with a fix. Here’s a little link to confirm that there were some issues:

;)

15. M. K.

@14: Yeah, well. I think I don’t have to tell you, that PSN sucks, but atleast it’s free :P

16. Ireland Michael

Some of you people are clueless.

EA’s games run on their own servers, for the most part. Any integration with Xbox Live and PSN is minimal. If there’s a problem affecting the PC version, it’s probably going to affect the PS3 and Xbox 360 version as well.

17. Fin

Fair point, my bad!

Well no actually, if there’s a problem affecting the PC version, it probably wouldn’t affect the PS3 and 360 version, unless it was a problem with the datacentre itself (and they were co-located), or a problem with common code (eg EA login going down would cause everyone problems).

They’re going to be run on different server sets, so problems would generally be independent.

18. stretch215

I’m just hoping I’ll be able to get into a game when I get home. I had a lot of fun last night (despite the server trouble). The MP really is great if you’re a fan of battlefield.