Twisted Metal given February 14 US release date

Thursday, 25th August 2011 16:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Eat, Sleep, Play has announced a new release date for Twisted Metal. The game will now arrive on PS3 February 14, or Valentine’s Day, whichever way you prefer to mark it on your calender. An exact European release date will be announced at a later date, but it will be released sometime in February over there as well. Earlier this month, the game was delayed because the team wanted to give it some extra TLC. You can watch a video below of David Jaffe announcing the date yourself below. [pic]

1. HeavyD-Love

Hmmmmmm. Cool

2. chriswhaaat

sweet now i know what im buying myself for my birthday

3. Ireland Michael

This game needs all the TLC it can get, because it still looks completely rubbish.

4. Gekidami

Here’s that trailer:

5. lexph3re

So this game that has more to offer then a couple of turtle shells and a few explosions looks completely rubbish? With Motorcycles, cars, trucks with anti-air turrets, and helicopters. You one of the people who claim gameplay>graphics say this looks “rubbish”? lol yeah watever… The game looks crazy fun and I can’t wait till it releases to give it a run or should I say “drive”

6. HeavyD-Love

Thanks Gek!

After watching the trailer, it looks like one of those games where the graphics aren’t the greatest, but it’s shit tons of fun.

Day one purchase for me. Hoping they tie in original TM with this somehow. It was rated last year sometime but still hasn’t come to PSN store.

7. Ireland Michael

@5 The graphics have nothing to do with it. I think the *gameplay* looks rubbish.

Quality > quantity.

The designs look rubbish, the physics engine makes Carmageddandon look technological advances, and the whole thing just looks incredibly amateurish. Considering the high quality that consistently comes out of Sony’s exclusives, this looks like a cheap title in comparison.

I stopped being impressed by load guns and shitty nu metal well over a decade ago. This games does nothing for me. If anything, I think it tries too hard.

8. lexph3re

I disagree I don’t believe the Quality is lacking from the Quantity since it is a established franchise building on top of already set standards. The physics implied in the game are not meant to be taken as real hence the fact that Sweet Tooth can set the top of his head on fire. Do you feel mario kart 3DS is rubbish because it implements more into it’s franchise with Traction tires as well as under water racing and para gliding carts? No most people would claim that’s innovation.

For twisted metal it is innovation in this category to not only implement more cars, cycles, and helicopters. But, also to deliver a solid engine that will give solid game play(in which it shows it is pretty solid on a beta level) but to also integrate a online system that enhances PAST twisted metal experiences.
    I think the quality is still set high seeing how it’s not truely implementing a Photo-realistic realm. If you aren’t impressed by looking at it maybe you should wait… test the game out extensively… Then claim it’s trash? Or sit there and let your age show how much you are forsaking your gaming endeavors.

9. Ireland Michael

Oh, I’ll probably definitely rent it to just to see if my evaluation is correct. I don’t expect to be proven wrong.

There’s nothing “solid” or “innovative” looking about this at all.

I thought the past games in the franchise were absolutely trash as well, to be completely honest. Shoddy, floating driving mechanics with basic gameplay and no real skill.

10. lexph3re

Adding more content such as mechs, trucks, cycles, and helicopters plus gangs add a hell of a lot a skill theoretically. Plus you have cars that don’t use gas are you really going to be upset with a floaty mechanic to gasless cars? I look at the game and I see innovation in their thinking and execution. Hopefully if a beta releases I will be able to test it out first hand as well. But, I won’t go into the game expecting to be bored shitless. And, I won’t go into it expecting it to be the best game ever. I’m going to play it and evaluate it thoroughly before I claim it isn’t solid or good.

11. Kuwabara

Ireland just shut up and confess your fear of clowns already..

12. Christopher Jack

@9, I don’t know what you’d expect in the car combat genre. Something more akin to Vigilante 8?

13. Ireland Michael

@11 I will admit, clowns are scary as hell…

@12 Good gameplay, for one. This just loads out-dated and tacky.

14. DrDamn

@Michael
    Wouldn’t renting be an exercise in self congratulatory back slapping? If you don’t see the point in vehicle combat games why bother, you wouldn’t like it what ever it did.

I normally hate the OTT nature of these sort of games but the first Twisted Metal was fantastic and this looks like it is trying to take those elements into this generation. It’s balls out fun and it doesn’t try to hide it. A technologically advanced physics engine is actually something this doesn’t need. It needs tight arcade controls to work and be a Twisted Metal game.

15. viralshag

I have said it before but I would really like a new Destruction Derby game… :)

16. HeavyD-Love