BF3 gets leaked screens, 7-minute long alpha beta multiplay video

Thursday, 21st July 2011 11:19 GMT By Johnny Cullen

We have to admit, this is properly amazing-looking.

Someone’s put up a seven minute long video of the DICE shooter, based on an alpha trial version of the multiplayer from the game.

This is definitely worth a watch. Do it now before it inevitably gets pulled. There’s also screens from footage here.

Battlefield 3 launches on October 26 in the US and October 29 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC. The open beta will open up in September.

Thanks, Yoshi.

1. Johnny Cullen

That looks amazing. And it’s alpha too. :O

2. Erthazus

it’s amazing for the Alpha footage (which is a beta footage… EA just taking the piss).

One thing that i mentioned at forum, are Close kills. All of them are from Mirrors Edge. Even when you run with the knife it’s exactly how you run in Mirrors Edge. close kills from behind are especially brilliant and when you kick someone’s ass in front of him (no stupid running and clicking for the “F” or “knife” button.)

Game looks absolutely stunning. Probably the best Sound in the gaming industry (Dolby digital with High Definition Audio Range technology is a MASSIVE COMBO).
    Visuals and destruction are top notch.

I want to throw my wallet :D

3. mafuyu

3 more vids:

4. Grimrita

It appears to be a vast improvement over Bug Company 2. Need to see some more Recon stuff and Mortar strikes(if any) to make sure it doesnt suffer the same way as in BC2

5. strikkebil

so they decided to go for the kz3 melee animations8/

6. Erthazus

@5, Someone never played Mirrors Edge. Indeed.

7. Christopher Jack

Particle effects are top notch.

8. Lewis247

Wow, I’m usually never this amazed at a game but damn.. this is leaps and bounds beyond anything we have had before. Just amazing..

9. UKTomm

Game is looking fantastic. I think they’re lying to us about the ‘Alpha’ bit!

I like how the guy has covered his gamertag. Won’t be hard for EA/DICE to get the match history and eventually work out who recorded it.

10. polygem

oh my god…i´m afraid…addiction…what will my girlfriend say…?

11. Grimrita

@ 9 its probably the EA PR machine. So all will be well. ;)

12. LOLshock94

the prone looks shit its like going prone on homefront and the movement hasnt changed AT ALL and you can only destroy buildings which no one can get in? ermm WTF

13. Maximum Payne

Dive into prone look so cool! Also did you see how when from crouching to standing sniper scope ”shake” just like when you stand from prone but there is 0 ”camera shaking” when reloeading :(.

14. G1GAHURTZ

Amazing visuals.

Not convinced about the gameplay, though…

15. StolenGlory

What doesn’t convice you about it out of interest?

16. DarkElfa

I guess you’ll have to play it and find out G1G, I shall see you on the battlefield sir.

Giggity.

17. G1GAHURTZ

360 battlefield only (which obviously won’t look as good), unless I get a new laptop.

18. DSB

@15 Probably that it looks a whole lot like BC2.

19. G1GAHURTZ

@15:

Yeah, DSB is right…

I have BC1 and BC2, but they just weren’t my cup of proverbial tea.

I’m a runner gunner, who DICE say that they’re aiming to cater for with BF3, so I’ll have to see how successfully they’ve managed to do it.

20. reask

Yeah maps look huge.
    Snipers paradise maybe.

21. DSB

I’m more worried about the controls. Beyond maps and gimmicks, that’s what I really react to. The guns seem to be jumping around in their hands a lot like they did in BC2. It just doesn’t feel very tight.

That’s really what BC2 was missing. It felt clunky where MW2 felt smooth, and loose where MW2 felt tight. I think the more control you pass on to the player, and the more we’re able to go where we want and play the way we want, the more intense the game gets.

Not that gimmicks and maps aren’t important.

22. Cozzy

Damn it looks good and that’s only alpha footage. I loved BC2 and looks like I’ll love this game even more.

23. Xuchilbara

It sounds like none of you have ever played a BATTLEFIELD game before BC2, or BC1… This isn’t supposed to be like Bad Company, this is going back to the original BATTLEFIELD roots. The maps are huge, objective based, and team play / squad oriented. If you don’t want any of that, especially HUGE maps, go back to Bad Company.

24. DSB

That’s the problem Xuchilbara. So far it looks like BC2, not BF2.

It’s great that the PR contradicts the videos themselves, but I reckon the videos have the better argument.

25. Grimrita

@23 what they say and what they actually do, are two different things. The only time we will probably find out is during beta

26. albo88

animation when you get up are awesome