Rumour – Grand Theft Auto V 2012 release “pretty likely”

Tuesday, 21st June 2011 00:36 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sources have claimed Grand Theft Auto V is probably going to surface next year.

Gamespot got the word from sources close to Rockstar that GTA V is “well under way”.

A 2012 release was described as “pretty likely”.

No further information was given, except that “it’s the big one”.

Two sets of casting calls, in early and late March, are suspected to point to GTA V.

Mention in a resume as well as a number of domain registrations and job listings, have all added heat to our feverish anticipation.

Obviously Rockstar is working on GTA V, but it’s still nice to see the shape behind the curtain. Fingers crossed for gamescom, lads.

1. joryf7

just a rumor

2. Moonwalker1982

Just like how GTA V was gonna be at last years E3, and this years….right.

3. IL DUCE

Yeah they guess the same crap every year and hear crap from their “sources” stating the obvious…yes obviously they are working on GTA V and it better be well underway since its over 3 years since GTA IV came out…it almost has to come out in 2012, since it will be four years since the last iteration and its likely next in the pipeline after Max Payne 3 (which is rumored for this Fall/Winter)…I wonder where Agent is but who knows LA Noire was announced in 2004, and reconfirmed in 2007 so we could see Agent in 2013 or later…not to mention Dan and Sam Houser didn’t sign their new contracts until late this May, so GTA V would have likely been their swan song had they not been retained by Rockstar…

4. PenTaFH

Yeah, well, in light of what happened with Red Dead, and what I this morning found out about L.A. Noire, I’m okay with it if they wait another year. I don’t need the insanity of tens of people on my hand just so I can play Grand Theft Auto V next year.

5. MadFingerz

Hope they go more with a Vice City approach rather than a GTA4 one when making this one.

6. Erthazus

I’m seriously fed up with rumors about GTA V.

7. mojo

im seriously fed up with gta somehow.
    Was totaly excited about gta4 (bought the ps3 gta bundle back then) played through it and then there was the exclusiove deal with ms.
    When the addons finaly hit ps3 i instantly bought them, but to this very day only completed 1 mission from one addon.
    Wasnt tempted ever again to play it.

But as i know myself i will jump the hypetrain as soon as first footage gets out :(

8. Fin

INSTABUY

Hopefully it’ll use Noire’s face tech. That’d make it unreeeeeal.

9. Maximum Payne

@8 No need for GTA series.

10. Andreas2402

technically, its just 2 years from the last gta since the episodes came out in 2009. I dont know how many times I played through San Andreas but it’ll never get boring so I can wait.

11. Kuwabara

hope its set in the 80s

12. stefkes177

I guess we’ll have to see and wait until R* confirms it