Bethesda to re-release Oblivion for fifth anniversary

Monday, 23rd May 2011 09:01 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Bethesda’s set to re-release The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the RPG’s fifth anniversary, according to NitroBeard.

The title will include said game, Collector’s Edition content, such as a making of DVD, and a $10 off coupon for Skyrim.

It’ll launch on June 29 for PC, 360 and PS3, and will be at $30. Only 200,000 copies are ever going to be made, apparently.

There’s a US listing for it here. Bethesda’s offered a no comment on a UK launch.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim launches on November 11 worldwide for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Perfectionist

Does that come with all the DLC and Expansion packs?

2. minxamo

why.

3. jacobvandy

@1 Yes, it says GOTY edition through the source link.

I got the original Collector’s Edition, which had the [probably same] making-of DVD and map poster, but also a handbook with tons of Tamriel lore in suprisingly small print and the Septim coin. Only thing would’ve made it better would be the steel case that this is getting, and maybe a cloth map, but hell it was only $10 more back then. Anyway, I already have the GOTY version on Steam, so I don’t think I need any more Oblivion.

4. Johnny Cullen

Bethesda’s just given a no comment on a UK launch.

5. AHA-Lambda

it wont happen given that money off coupon =(

i dont remember any game in the uk ever doing anything like that so i doubt it

6. TheWulf

I’d love to see them do something like this with Morrowind, to be honest, as that’s the only Bethesda game I’ve ever really liked.

ES I: Arena – Typical fantasy in a dungeon.
    ES II: Daggerfall – Typicall fantasy in a sandbox.
    ES III: Morrowind – Clockpunk! Swamp! Giant mushrooms! Silt striders! A quest for immortality! A really disturbing viral plague thingy which causes terrible, often gruesome mutations and behavioural alterations (usually of the feral sort)! A really unique setting for a fantasy game with all sorts of fun stuff going on. (And, of course, nicely done werewolves.) It had a chubby dwarf who was too fat to walk, so he built himself a spider-chair to make himself mobile for chrissakes! :p This one was all sorts of crazy.
    ES IV: Oblivion – See: Daggerfall, sans random generation.
    ES V: Skyrim – See: Daggerfall, plus male power fantasy elements.

I want them to do something like Morrowind again. I really, really do. :C

(There, cleaned up. Quite a few mistakes with that one. :P)

7. Christopher Jack

Marrowind was also my favourite out of the bunch, I wanted to see what the diseases actually done to your character but never got the chance.

8. OrbitMonkey

IF this is released for the EU, will it have trophy support? If i’m to plough through this again I want worthless virtual trinkets ;)

9. OlderGamer

Someones gonna laugh but, imo, Two Worlds 2 > Oblivion.

Morrowind was also > Oblivion.

10. Nozz

No horse armour, No buy ;)

11. KrazyKraut

shit want this…and I will get this. but amazon.com and co are not allowed to ship this to europe….nevermind, I will find a way.

12. TheWulf

Yeah, pretty much. It had a more interesting world. I still preferred Morrowind, but what they did with Two Worlds was definitely a massive step up over the more mediocre, plodding effort I was exposed to with Oblivion.

The best thing about Oblivion really was the mods. There were some mods that just blew the main plotline of Oblivion away.

13. TheWulf

SPOILER WARNING, just in case you don’t want to know.

Basically – you can actually sample the disease and distil it down to its component parts later in the game. Apparently all the mutated creatures are actually immortal unless killed, they’ll live forever, so the fat dwarf told me. It also makes them a great deal stronger.

So, I placed all my faith in a chubby dwarf sat atop a mechanical spider and got myself infected with it so that he could experiment on me. And he came through. I ended up overpowered and (apparently) immortal. So that was fairly damned neat.

14. Bloodyghost

Funny how some of you know how Skyrim is….How did you guys play it? Are you guys at E3 currently?

I liked Oblivion. When it came out it was awesome, some of the quests were something special and it was immersive.

Skyrim just looks way better then Oblivion with fixed Animations, story, more missions and content, and even more.

Also fucking dragons! Watching from new demos of the gameplay, its going to be and may be at the level of what Morrowind was.