Black Ops Escalation Pack outed by GAME Australia

Tuesday, 5th April 2011 13:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The second map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops has been outed by GAME Australia.

Known as the Escalation Pack, it’ll feature five maps – one of which is a zoo – and will release on May 3, according to a flyer posted on the retailer’s site, which has since been pulled.

It’ll arrive first on Xbox Live as part of a three year exclusivity deal between Activision and Microsoft that was announced at E3 last year. It’ll arrive on PS3 and PC afterwards.

We’ve posted the said flyer from the GAME website below. Activision wasn’t reachable at the time of publication, but we’ve left a voicemail.

The first map pack for Black Ops, First Strike, launched back in February for Xbox 360. It followed a month later on PS3 and PC.

1. Hooded

Surely this is going to piss off Activision? Its happening more and more…

Retailers accidently leak info, be it a new game, unannounced content, new content or trailers. I think publishers need to be more strict and threaten if any more info leaks out they will possibly cut them out. So they wont be selling Map pack codes (or the liciensed point cards) to retailers.

I’m sure this will keep retailers from accidentily leak info.

It could be cutting their nose off to spite their own face but just the act of threatening retailers, will surely make them change some rules.

2. M. K.

^ Nonsense ;)

I was already asking myself when the new map pack will arrive. Well I’ll pass on this anyway. Already unlocked most of the stuff and Brink is also coming soon right? :)

3. ReeceHeywood

I’d imagine a trailer will be shown within the next few weeks.

4. guapo

@2 YES brink comes out may 17 here in the u.s. Glad to hear I’m not the only one pumped for it.

5. OrbitMonkey

Lovely. It’d be nice if they could throw in some more weapons too.*wishful thinking*

6. dark_prince123

i guess all these leaks happens on purpose for promotion and marketing !!

7. M. K.

@4: Actually it’s my only hope getting a good FPS this year ;D

8. DSB

Brink and Portal 2 – That is all :)

9. AHA-Lambda

i was wondering about the second map pack too actually. Not getting it mind lol

i traded in black ops a couple weeks ago, i’m done with CoD. I will still rent them tho as I do enjoy the campaigns but it’d be stupid to buy them for that =/

oh and another nod for brink from me aswell ^_^

10. StolenGlory

+1000.

*TIME EXTENSION!*

11. Ireland Michael

*yawn*

12. LOLshock94

im sure retards are hired in game Australia

13. Enkeixpress

Got 860MS points just lying ’round in my account doing nothing.. might as well use ‘em for this :P

That is, if Activision play nice & price it at 800MS points like they are supposed to.

14. TD_Monstrous69

I really don’t care about this. I’m contemplating just trading this in at GameStop to get the 30 bucks I’d get for trading it in. SO I can pay for a game that truly deserves the money I’m paying for it, L.A. Noire.

Also, @13, it’s usually a 1200 point minimum between the 2 d-bags.

15. YoungZer0

Those Artworks look awesome.