Rumour: Uncharted 3 to get VGA reveal

Monday, 22nd November 2010 10:10 GMT By Johnny Cullen

uncharted

Surprise.

Kotaku is reporting that Uncharted 3 will finally get its much-antcipated debut at the Spike Video Game Awards on December 11.

This may add more wood to the fire we’re going to see a full blow-out of the game at an event from Sony the day after the VGAs on December 12.

The last Uncharted title, Among Thieves, was first shown at the 2008 VGAs.

Kotaku also claims that some select press have already seen U3.

Guess we’ll find out in a couple of weeks.

The last time we heard anything about a third game in the series was last month, when Middle Eastern-based media firm Rubicon Holding was quoted as saying “the third instalment in the Uncharted series” is in development during an interview with The National.

Nathan Drake voice actor Nolan North has already said it’d be “common sense” to assume there will be a U3.

Among Thieves did pretty well in sales and was critically hailed as one of the best games of last year, ending up with a 96 on Meta.

1. M2Kx

Why is it even called “reveal”. It’s the same as the ME3 announcement, everyone knows, that it’s there >_>

2. Moonwalker1982

I wish that was true about ME3, but it’s actually quite uncertain if this is gonna be a spinoff , a totally new franchise or indeed ME3.

I really wonder what that PS3 exclusive is now, when is that event for the exclusive game?

3. Shubb9

@1 Thats why its called a reveal, not a surprise

4. M2Kx

@2: BioWare? PS3 exclusiv? Did I misssed anything?

@3: I’m sorry, I just think that if you are going to reveal something, it has to be secret first.

5. Erthazus

Mass Effect 3 will never be a PS3 exclusive EVER.

But i want Uncharted 3 so BADLY…

6. Herlock

Arf i want an another game…

7. Dralen

Would be cool if Bioware made a PS3 exclusive title though.

8. Isaaclarke37

3 Weeks to know.

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@5. Never say never. Valve is a great example of how anything is possible these days..

As for reveal vs surprise, it’s the official worldwide announcement man, what else would you call it?

I was kind of hoping to hear something about Mirrors Edge 2, before seeing Uncharted 3, but whatever, can’t wait for BOTH inevitable titles!

10. osric90

Hm… We’re just getting an Uncharted game every two years. This one should be released around June 2012, really. Uncharted 3 is something I know it’s going to be awesome, but there’s plenty of Uncharted 2 yet. If Naughty Dog are smart, they’re going to release this in the second or third trimester of 2012. 2011 has too many freakin’ games to come out for this to be releasing that year (yes, it may be the best, but it’s not the best choice)… And with this economy… Anyway, we know it’s going to be great. A magnificent team is working on it. But I would recommend them to seriously take more time.

11. Stoopid_Snot

well but Sony never had any secrets
    everyhing gets out before the shows anyway

12. Madeira

@4: Wow.

13. WetSnake

Oh FFS no.
    I WANT A NEW JAK :’(

14. PsychoboyUK

I love how alot of you are assuming this is the “NEW” game Announcement scheduled for december 12th!!

UC3 will reveal during the VGA’s as i said over the weekend.

So i still think sony have something big coming :)

15. theevilaires

Could you imagine if ME3 was PS3 exclusive! The amount of homicidal and suicidal threats Bio-ware would receive in the mail from all the XBOTS :D

…..and they say there’s no such thing as Heaven on Earth ;)

16. Moonwalker1982

You sure you don’t mean PS3 fanboys? I got both systems, i don’t choose sides. But if you ask me, it’s especially PS3 fanboys who are really the worst of all. Always crazy defensive about ‘their’ games and what not.

17. theevilaires

I meant it in a way that all the people who have been continuing the game from their previous saved data would be so pissed that they would have to buy a PS3 just to finish the story and couldn’t use their hard earn previous saved stats.

Also I wasn’t talking to you directly. I don’t care what systems you have. I do know that if you still don’t own a PS3 you’re a fool and yes PS3 fanboys are defensive about their exclusives (games) cause they’re not shit quality and they actually have many unlike the XBOTS ;) ….but they have Gears3 next year to stop the ship of 360 from sinking.

18. cookiejar

@16 All fanboys are bad. Its just a different smell.

19. Madeira

@15: Could you imagine if DERRP

Tool.

20. theevilaires

^ butt hurt XBOT :D awww whats the matter can’t get rid of that red ring around you’re ass hole. I told you not to drink and play Halo reach around your buddies.

I really hope UC3 will be unveiled at the VGAs. That will put it up against Gears3 next year and once and for all we can finally compare these two as they should have been compared instead of Gears and Resistance.

21. OrbitMonkey

@20 Lol! You don’t need to compare Gears 3 against Uncharted 3… Uncharted 2 will still piss over whatever Cliff shits out next year! Trololol :D

22. stretch215

Blah blah blah xbot blah blah blah. @tea Why do you insist on flame baiting? Seriously dude, this thread was totally civil and here you come: the middle school kid with a chip on his shoulder. I used to find you entertaining but now you’re just annoying. Please leave again, as the threads were much better without you and your childish ways

23. daytripper

reeks of insecurity

24. theevilaires

Well I’m sorry you feel that way stretch…hate it when I lose fans ;) but if you call it flamebait and you responded to it then I guess that makes you the only childish one here. I’m just stating my opinion like you do and everyone else does.

Gears 3 is known to be coming out next year fall time and UC3 seems likely too around that time. Aren’t you interested in seeing the best of the best console exclusives go head to head? I am! I just always found it strange why everyone in the industry always compared Gears with RFOM and Gears2 with R2 when UC series was its timed match. (Releasing a year later after their systems of choice and then the sequels releasing 2 years later)

I see no flammability there just curiosity that will cause chaos :D

25. Michael O’Connor

@22 Hate to say I told you so.

26. theevilaires

So sad you’re such a liar O’Connor running around here with the rest of your lucky charm gang. Why are you back. I thought I finished you off once and for all!

27. Michael O’Connor

I’m always on the site, reading the news, because I happen to be friends with some of the staff. I just can’t be bothered to interact with this festering travesty of a community. Tools like you make it utterly horrible.

This is the hundreth thread I’ve seen in no time at all where someone has bluntly pointed out that you’re nothing but a stain on the community. It’s entertaining to sit back and watch, honestly. Your own denial is nothing short of hilarious.

I’ve been assured by staff that the site will be relaunched with an ignore feature some time in the near future. I’ll be back around once that happens. You’ll be on the ignore list of practically every single person on this site on day one, I can say with 100% assurance.

28. daytripper

@27 why do you need a ignore button? cant you just ignore him anyway?

29. Michael O’Connor

@28 There’s a level of stupidity that is impossible to ignore. I’m not exactly alone in this. Everyone wants him gone.

The community shouldn’t have to trawl through 10 or 20 comments (sometimes whole pages) full of utter shit just to read two or three intelligent or half decent replies.

30. daytripper

@29 bullshit excuse, its not impossible to ignore at all. its games consoles here and video games, it can easy be ignored but you are making it worse by responding all the time. thats what he wants, he pisses himself laughing at you and you cant see it. you reek of insecurity with that response to me.

31. Michael O’Connor

@30 I suggest you go look at the Microsoft banning news story, then reevaluate that point again.

Anyway, I’m off. Later.

32. Callum

I am so insecure. Does my bum look big in this?

33. daytripper

31.I’ve read it. I read it before I read what you said in this news section. So you’re laughing now? Answer me this, why cant you read whatever tripe hes posted and just say to yourself ” this guys looking for a reaction off people, should i give him it?” why do you have to give him it? its a simple question and you said “There’s a level of stupidity that is impossible to ignore.” you said that, are you speaking for everyone? you can simply not respond, he doesnt affect you in the real world at all and this is just a fucking video games website ( a very good one i must say). you still have a choice here ignore button or not. the fact you are demanding one just to rid yourself of someone who gets on your nerves is insecure, so yes i stand by what i said with regards to YOU not everyone else so dont be a shit stirrer.

i actually like what you have to say when it comes to the games themselves but when you say things about the ignore button dont you think they have thought of that? dont you think they may of considered leaving it because they thought people are above are all that? how many people view and read this site? With this comment

“Insecurity? Hahahaha! Really? Then the entire goddamn community here must be insecure… ”

you’re twisting there, you are trying to make out i’m slagging everyone off to make yourself look good, complete bullshit. you know exactly what i’m getting at here.

34. Connor O Michael

OH! THANK THE HEAVENS!!! AN IGNORE BUTTON WILL SAVE US AND ALL THE LITTLE BABIES!!!

No it won’t, pillock.

Dismissing someone’s view is not the same as disproving it.

Just because you’ve drowned out someone doesn’t mean you’re better than them or that you’re making a worthwhile counterstatement.

You are making a statement though. You’re stating you lack tolerance of other’s views or how they express themselves. And you lack the basic self control to ignore them without the aid of a button to help you.

35. guapo