Limited Edition of MOH comes with Battlefield 3 Beta invite

Friday, 30th July 2010 21:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

moh

EA’s announced a Limited Edition of Medal of Honor which will come with an invitation to the Battlefield 3 Beta.

Battlefield 3, ya say? Well, damn the smart-bombs and full speed ahead, then.

According to the press release, those who own the Limited Edition of MOH will receive an invitation to the Battlefield 3 Beta within 12-months following the release of Medal of Honor.

The Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability, and will be available for a limited time only and the offer expires upon close of Beta events and those participating in it on Xbox Live must be Gold members.

Now, with all that out of the way, let’s get to the Limited Edition details.

The MOH LE features special content out-of-the-box including the MP-7, a weapon utilized by real-world Tier 1 Operators in the field, which is considered a light weight weapon with a high rate of fire with the ability to penetrate body armor. It handles like a pistol, yet allows targets to be engaged like a rifle.

The Limited Edition also includes camouflage, and two shotguns with custom slugs which are ideal for close-range fights.

Medal of Honor launches on October 12 in North America and October 15 in Europe for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

The PS3 version of the Limited Edition also includes the classic, Medal of Honor Frontline completely remastered in HD just like the regular retail version.

As a reminder to those participating in the MOH Beta, it ends tomorrow on PC and PS3, with 360′s ending August 9.

1. ninjanutta

The Ps3 version appears to be a far better deal by the sounds of things

2. LOLshock94

OMFG I HAVE SHIT MY PANTS HOLY SHIT WHERE CAN I GET LIMITED EDITION IN THE UK???

3. Nozz

From what i read not so long back Battlefield 3 is going to be amazing!! Glad i’ve got a ps3!

4. Johnny Cullen

Time to put my balls on the table and call it: Cologne reveal at gamescom.

5. LOLshock94

glad u have ps3???????? battlefield is more on PC then ps3 or 360 and the beta doesnt come out out 12 months after MOH holy shit the longest game ive kept was crackdown that was cause i couldnt get rid of it

6. cookiejar

Very Nice. Frontline was great, and the B3 beta will be nice addition too.

7. Nozz

@5 i meant glad i have a PS3 so i can get hold of the goodies LOL

8. AHA-Lambda

OMGOMOGMOGMOGMOGMOMOGMOGMOGMOMOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMO

I cant even type omg right :P

wait MoH? AH FUCKKK!!!!

9. LOLshock94

@8 XD

10. Nelius

Battlefield 3… and a beta! Wow, it’s about dam time we get some news about it!

Wait what is this about ‘those participating on Xbox Live’? Are they implying this isn’t going to be PC exclusive after all? Shit, the console limitations are gna **** up it’s potential.

I guess that also means no more community made content either. The PC fanbase is going to be pretty pissed about that considering their contribution was part of the BF experience.

11. Yoshi

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*

How dare they release BF3 on… (i’ll try not to swear)… on consoles. They have doomed the Battlefield franchise.

FUCK YOU DICE!

…. Okey glad i got that off my chest :)

12. Dralen

Damn! That’s amazing and seriously disappointing all at the same time.

13. AHA-Lambda

wait!

*rereads*

Consoles?? Ok i’m wary now. First MoH, now this =(

14. DeSpiritusBellum

@10 It’s not really news when you think about it. They’re giving you a spot in a beta that might happen within 12 months, but as the disclaimer states, if it doesn’t happen within those 12 months, they don’t owe you squat.

That being said, I don’t think DICE are building an engine for nothing, so it’s probably just over the hill, but then again, they’ve taken more than a year to port BF 1943 to PC…

Still, I’d file this under “We really want to sell some limited editions of Medal of Honor”

15. Mafro

I thought the fact that Battlefield 3 is coming to consoles would be pretty newsworthy…

16. stretch215

Of course it’s coming to consoles, they want to actually make $.

17. Yoshi

They made plenty of $/£ with BF2 because it was useless to pirate unless you wanna play LAN or against some bots on tiny maps.

18. psybass

way everyone surprised? today every pc game coming to These fucking consoles

19. psybass

why*

20. blackdreamhunk

Microsoft and Sony was the worse thing that happened to gaming. I bet gaming will die in a few years.

21. LOLshock94

what because of casual gamers??

22. stretch215

Gaming will never “die” it is as old as civilization, if video games “die” it will only be b/c we’ve moved on to something more entertaining. I don’t see that happening any time soon.

23. Gekidami

24. CaptPierce

OK, anyone complaining about BF3 moving to consoles is an idiot. This coming from someone owning a gaming PC and a PS3. IF you want to play on the PC, go ahead. You don’t have to play against console players.

25. Yoshi

@24 Not having to play against console players isnt a problem. I want the classic BF2 gameplay with maybe some new features/updated gfx etc. I don’t want no prone, 3 classes etc

26. Nelius

I’m sorry, did you just call me an idiot? At least I know what I’m talking about. By naming the title Battlefield 3 it is implied that this is a sequel to Battlefield 2 (PC). This will not be the case because by going multiplatform BF3 can not possibly match the feature-set of it’s prequel let alone hope to exceed it, due to the consoles performance limitations. We’d simply be getting a gimped, watered-down, consolized and simplified version instead of a fully fledged sequel.

A few features not possible on the console:
    + A full range of combined arms warfare: Land, Sea and Air.
    + 64 player maps.
    + Indepth technical command, communication and teamwork systems.

Some games need to be platform exclusive to retain their essence.

27. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah!

Boycott BF3!!

28. Boris Fett

“A full range of combined arms warfare: Land, Sea and Air.”

Bad Company 2 says hi.

“64 player maps.”

MAG says hi.

“Indepth technical command, communication and teamwork systems.”

Headsets say hi.

29. Nelius

@28 Go play all the Battlefield PC titles, then when you’re done with that, download some community made content, then join a community of active BF players, you will probably change your mind on those points.

Bad Company 2′s air and naval experience is a pathetic one by comparison.

MAG at 256 players is severely feature deficient in comparison to a Battlefield game. If Bad Company 2 could only manage 24 players how can a larger Battlefield 3 ever allow 64?

Headsets? That is only a fraction of what is possible. It’s obvious you have never had the priviledge of using the Q-spot and communicate system in Battlefield 2. The Commander and Squad leader system with a RTS-like support interface can not possibly be implemented on the console – it would be far too fiddly for a gamepad.

30. Boris Fett

@29 “Go play all the Battlefield PC titles.”

I have.

“If Bad Company 2 could only manage 24 players how can a larger Battlefield 3 ever allow 64?”

Have you ever considered that that was a personal choice, not a limitation?

What’s the saying? Less is more. You can add all the features you want, but sometimes it helps to strip a few things away. I found BC2 to be a far more streamlined and focused game than BF2 for that reason.

Anyone who played BC2 on the PC is aware of how good a job DICE did of adapting the interface for each format.

I actually have a little fate in the company to make this work on both formats, simply because they have the talent and ability to make the best squad shooters on the market, hands down.

Sorry for not being a format fanboy. I understand that it’s considered a crime nowadays not to be. My apologies.

31. Boris Fett

tldr version; WAAAH WAAAAAAAHHHH CHANGE IS BAD!! QQ more.

32. stretch215

PC elitists: welcome to the present time, few devs are going to ignore the HUGE console market to ease the fears of a dwindling pc gaming community (other than pc-centric genres like mmo’s and rts). Get used to it. As a person who just enjoys gaming, regardless of platform, you all sound ridiculous. Stop whining….

33. Boris Fett

^ Well said. Thank you.

34. DeSpiritusBellum

@30 I agree with the overall point, but I really couldn’t disagree more on the port thing. I thought they did a horrible job. The game looked terrible, and on top of being pretty unintuitive, the interface lagged like there was no tomorrow.

When you can’t even make a menu respond to a click, something is very very wrong. I’ve read quite a few threads from people who feel the same way.

That being said, I don’t see what was so special about Battlefield 2, apart from being the first to do a lot of the things it did. I enjoyed it as much as the next guy, but it’s not like it hasn’t been outdone plenty of times since then.

35. LOLshock94

kk MAG SUCKS BALLS BFBC1,2 ND BF1,2 and probely 3 ARE BETTER GAMES END OF

36. LOLshock94

Yesterday brought word that work on the remake of one of Paul Verhoeven’s beloved ‘80s action classics, RoboCop, had stalled at MGM. But now there’s fresh intel on another of the director’s American films that has been mooted as a remake target for years: Die Hard 4.0’s Len Wiseman is now in negotiations to retool Total Recall.

37. blackdreamhunk

“I think anyone who thought this wouldnt come out on consoles was just being stupid. EA wants to make money, thats what EA is about. And where do publishers make the most money? I’ll give you a clue; it isnt on PC, not unless its an MMO or something only PC can pull off right.”

you are very mistaken!pc gaming is bigger than console gaming fact! more like dumb business men who only think about money thinks there is money in consoles!Yea Sony and Microsoft could lose a few more billions on them consoles.

38. Gekidami

^The only “fact!” i see are real ones. Ones like EA’s fiscal year results showing that EA made 3,39 billion from console sales over the last financial year Vs. 940 million from PC.

So i stand by my comment; Expecting EA to ignore their main source of revenue for BF3 is stupid.

39. Boris Fett

@37 It’s also bigger than just PC gaming.

Expect the two to sit side by side.

40. Nelius

This is not about PC vs Console fanboyism. Put your egos aside and use rationale. It is about which platform is best suited for a fully fledged Battlefield 2 sequel.

If BFBC2 on the consoles is 24 players by choice why has DICE only allowed 32 players on the PC? The console has limits. Whether it’s hardware, network or interface it is undeniable. If Battlefield 3 is really multiplatform, it will be a gimped and undeserving sequel. I have no doubt about it.

Some game types are meant to be played exclusively on certain platforms.

41. blackdreamhunk

Oh really? it was too long ago EA lost 600 million on them consoles.hhhhmmm how is japan doing these days? why such a long console life span! proof is in the pudding! enough said!

42. blackdreamhunk

Oh one more thing Must of tie I am bang on my statements. My history here on site and others site have proven my creditability!

43. Boris Fett

@40 And let me guess? First person shooters shouldn’t be on console?

If that’s your arguments, this discussion is pretty much over, because that attitude is about 10 years out of date.

44. DeSpiritusBellum

@38 You’re totally right, but it’s pretty interesting that the PC isn’t getting swamped by any one console. It’s still pulling as much as the Wii, the PS3 or the Xbox360 for EA.

I think that proves that PC revenues could be bigger if publishers and developers would lend them a bit more focus, but consoles are just a lot more fashionable today. Still, you can turn a nifty profit on the PC (even with a game that isn’t Starcraft or an MMO).

.. But it looks a lot worse at other publishers I’ve looked at.

45. Nelius

@43 Can you be anymore simple minded?

46. CaptPierce

@25, 26

WHO GIVES A SHIT?! Just play the fucking game. By the way I DO own Battlefield 2 and loved it. I own Bad Company 2 and like it just as much, hell maybe more than BF2. Besides, DICE gave in some perks for PC players of Bad Company 2. I swear to God, people just complain so much.

47. IL DUCE

@25 & 26

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat was on the X Box and X Box 360 as well shitheads…

@1 & 3

No one cares if you’re glad you have a PS3, and all you get extra is a remastered extremely old game…wow big whoop