Heavy Rain patch on the way

Wednesday, 17th March 2010 09:24 GMT By Johnny Cullen

heavyrain

SCEA’s confirmed a Heavy Rain patch is in the pipeline, saying it’ll be “released very soon”.

Speaking on the game’s US forum, a mod from the firm said it was in “the final stages of testing”.

“The latest news is that the game patch has now completed development and is currently in the final stages of testing. While a fixed release date is not currently available we are expecting the update to be released very soon.

As mentioned previously, this patch is not targeted purely at the issues reported in this thread but does address a range of minor issues which could be contributing factors. Given the small percentage of players affected by these issues and the difficulty that has been had in reproducing them here we’re optimistic that this patch resolves your problems but cannot guarantee that this will be the case.”

The patch is to fix the freezing for the Quantic Dream title which has affected some gamers.

Last week, SCEE said the game has now been restocked in the UK after a short stock shortage.

1. themadjock

I had it crash on me once, early on when the press were outside Ethan’s house

2. mington

i had it freeze/crash a couple of times

3. Psychotext

Yeah, it was pretty buggy for me. Audio issues, glitches (character stopped moving) and about three full on crashes.

4. mington

i got stuck in a group of children in the park :P

5. Retroid

mington said: “i got stuck in a group of children in the park :P”

/Informs police

6. Moonwalker1982

Love the game, but the bugs i encountered….way too many and definitely destroying the game’s fun. Last week i had it simply freezing when i choose any chapter i had available. And i had already finished the game, but no matter what chapter i chose…it kept freezing. Several chapters where the sound was stuttering or simply gone and would come back a few seconds later. Bugs when i was playing a chapter and the character would do something while i didn’t press a single button.

About goddamn time that patch.

7. Bulk Slash

Yeah I encountered quite a few bugs too, I think it locked up on me between chapters twice and the sound would drop out occasionally. I think the sound is a streaming issue with the BD drive, so I’m not sure how they will be able to patch that. I don’t think it’s dirt or dust since the console was new from Christmas.

8. Moonwalker1982

Google Heavy Rain bugs, and you’ll find plenty of reports, some that had downloaded the first patch and some that were without the patch. Very weird. On the gametrailers forum i made a thread about it, of course it got ruined by idiots who thought i was slamming the game. While my first sentence was ‘I love the game, not so much the bugs though’ something like that…and they just kept making nonsense excuses about how they hadn’t encuontered any bug…riiight.

9. MushroomStamp

I wish they could patch a fun factor into it. I found it to be very predictable and tedious. thankfully it was so short, cuz I found myself wishing it would end sooner than it did.