Capcom: RE5: Gold Edition DLC was originally in the game

Wednesday, 20th January 2010 15:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

residentevil5alt

Capcom’s revealed that the DLC included with its Gold Edition of Resident Evil 5 was originally to be included with the game when it was released last March.

Producer Yasuhiro Anpo confirmed on his blog that both Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape could have appeared as an in-game extra.

The reason for the omission was due to the production budget.  In fact, instead of using live scenes with the game, Capcom considered using comic style cut-scenes, but in the end decided against it.

Instead, proper cinematics are being used for both pieces of DLC.

The Gold Edition of RE5 releases on March 9 for PS3 and 360 in the US.

As for when the announced DLC will see release on PSN and Live separately, find more info here.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. DaMan

ugh, I told you.

I hope that cunt Takeuchi won’t be directing the next one.

2. Goliath

Loved Resident Evil 5. Didn’t feel like the experience wasn’t worth the money I paid. Loved every minute of it. Resident Evil 4 was my wife’s favorite game so being able to play with her cooperatively was really great.

3. AHA-Lambda

Jesus christ capcom *shakes head*

You know if they really wanted to save face they shouldn’t have bloody said that >_>

4. Runcle

Aye, surely they must know some people will see this and think ‘You dicks, I’m not buying that anymore’. Just keep their mouths shut and they wouldn’t lose sales.

5. Gekidami

You’ve already got this news down in the round-up of the stuff you missed during xmas.

6. Blerk

Were ‘controls that weren’t shit’ cut from the original release too?

7. Psychotext

First main Resident Evil game I haven’t purchased… and I really don’t feel like I’m missing anything.

8. AHA-Lambda

trust me you didnt resi 5 sucked >_>

9. zoopdeloop

You didn’t miss anything at all Psycho….i think Resident Evil needs to go back to it’s roots.

10. AHA-Lambda

yeah i still contend that resi 2 is the best

11. zoopdeloop

Resi 2 is still my personal favourite…survival horror,2 parallel scenarios and great atmosphere

12. Blerk

Resi 2 is my favourite too. Controls were arse-biscuits in that too, though.

Resi needs to get its zombie back on.

13. satsugai

Res 2 is my fav too, remake of that would be awesome.

14. DaMan

controls wise, they really should decide whether this is a game like Gears or a survival horror..

and this DLC is what the campaign should’ve been like, instead of all those tombs and villages.

also the story was crap, fortunately Capcom weren’t completely retarded and didn’t actually kill off the best RE protagonist.

15. Gekidami

Everyone seems to think a remake of RE2 would be good. Then Capcom gave us The Darkside Chronicles… Yeah… :(

16. Bulk Slash

Resident Evil 4 is my favourite, followed by Code Veronica and REmake. I did like RE2 at the time, but I think I put myself off it trying to get through the whole game without saving to get the S rating. Never bloody managed it either. :(

RE5 was a complete mess, it’s hard to believe Capcom fucked it up that badly.

17. DaMan

3 is my favourite, replayed that one like 50 times. 1-3 were such fun games back then.

18. Blerk

Code Veronica is good too, I always forget that one. :-D

19. DaMan

I’ve played the 2001 port, was one of my very first PS2 games. didn’t like it as much as the PS1 titles though.

20. AHA-Lambda

Code Veronica X and Time Crisis 2 were my first PS2 games :D

such good times, I miss them :(

PS: Damn Time Crisis 2 kicked ass!! :D

21. Alakratt

What’s really sad is that people will still buy this shit (and some that have the original will trade). Capcom has really gotten a free pass (in reviews and critics alike) even though they don’t deserve it. First the Versus “add-on”, now this…They better not use the same producer for the next RE, because they’ll loose so many fans (and hopefully sales). The same gameplay worked in the past (1,2,3 Code Veronica) but it won’t fly now.

22. OlderGamer

No offense to anyone, of course, but I always thought the RE games were complete crap. Bad controls, slow paced, too much backtracking, bad camera angles, not enough amo or health, and prime examples of bad JP story telling.

I never understood what all of the fuss was about.

But to each their own I guess :)

23. Michael O’Connor

I’m not exactly sure what the problem is here.

They said it *could* have been in the game original, if the budget had supported it. It didn’t. So obviously they worked on it after the game’s release.

What exactly is wrong with that?