Fri, Jan 16, 2009 | 15:35 GMT
Rumour: Battlefront III heading back to Pandemic
A very reliable “insider source” has told videogaming247 that Star Wars Battlefront 3 is heading back to Pandemic’s studios in Los Angeles, California.
Pandemic Studios and LucasArts developed the first Battlefront back 2004, with the sequel coming out just a year later.
However, inside of 12 months of Battlefront II’s release, Free Radical Design announced that it would be making a third title in the series. The project was dropped late last year amid FRDs financial difficulties.
We have contacted EA, who owns Pandemic Studios, but as of yet have not been able to reach the publisher for comment.
VG247 is told that this is pretty nailed on, so expect an announcement sooner rather than later.
By Mike Bowden