Not much this week that didn't hit the front page, but head on through the break and you will find out all sorts of stuff.
Information on the upcoming Warhammer patch, Martial Arts for City of Heroes, and a Beta weekend for Global Agenda.
Go on and hit the button.
- Champions Online designer Brian Urbanek has posted the second part of a system-focused developer diary over on TenTonHammer, and is focusing this time on combat. In the diary he chats about how stats and the like were decided upon, and what was drawn from the table-top game and what was scrapped. It's an interesting read if you are interested in stats and such.
- Speaking of Champions, a wiki of sorts has been released for the superhero MMO. The Champedia is a comprehensive database chock full of anything and everything you ever wanted to know about mission, objects, and the usual stuff of MMOs. Currently it is still in Beta, but you can also look for super groups and individual characters in the game. Check it out through here.
- Another Beta event is going on this weekend for Global Agenda and is running from 11 AM to midnight PST, today and tomorrow. Today is focused on PvE along with new gameplay. Tomorrow, is all about PvP with 10v10 matches. So far, this is only available to current testers, but yo may get invited so check your email.
- Warhammer Online producer Jeff Hickman has published an open letter to players chatting about all things patch 1.3.2. When you're finished with that, head on over to Massively where producer Jeff Skalski chats with the site about the patch, upcoming changes and all things Waaagh!
- Frogster has sent over a press release that announced figures for Runes of Magic. Turns out, that since Elven Prophecy was released, over fifteen million quests have been completed, a 250K bosses killed, and sixteen million items crafted through cooking, blacksmithing, tailoring, and other in-game crafting methods. Looks like people love this free-to-play title.
- Turbine's released some details for the monk class in DDO:Unlimited. Monks use an energy called ki to perform techniques in battle weapons and armor, and can solo rather well. If you are interested in playing the monk, you need to know going into it that Strength and Wisdom are the most important stats, with Dexterity also being important for defense and reflexes. It's all through the link.
- City of Heroes has a new Super Booster pack that adds martial arts. It will run you $9.99 and has new costumes, new character emotes and Ninja Run, that allows for faster movement and higher jumping.