OUYA shipping to Kickstarter backers on March 28, Kellee Santiago joins firm
OUYA will start shipping to Kickstarter backers on March 28, the firm has announced on Kickstarter. Also announced was that thatgamecompany's Kellee Santiago has joined as head of developer relations.
“OUYA gets it, said Santiago in the page update. "This is the first console company that really understands how important it is to remove the barriers to development. By freeing up the development process, OUYA is opening up new doors in console gaming.”
The firm also announced the winners of its 10-day game jam, CREATE, which resulted in the following titles being announced for the console:
- Grand Prize: Strange Happenings on Murder Island (Free Lives)
- Most Surprising: Television (Laboratory Games LLC)
- Four Bright Buttons and Two Sticks: Bombball (E McNeill)
- Most Immersive: Whispering Willows (Night Light Interactive)
- Pop Your Eyes Out: Pipnis (Santa Ragione)
- Best Couch with Friends Games: 2D Cube Zombie Platformer (Molinware)
- Best Game Created Using Unity Engine: Stikbold (Team Stikbold)
Other developers creating games for the console include Kim Swift and Airtight Games, Minority Media of Papo & Yo fame, and Tripwire Interactive is bringing The Ball to OUYA in March and is also working on a "new, exclusive title."
OUYA is set for a full launch in June.