Black Box announced today that two new content packs for Need for Speed Undercover are available, and one is free.
The Challenge Series features 60 events across two new game modes with the chance to earn up to three new cars, and it's the free one.
For 400 MS Points ($5.00), you can get the Premium Boss Car pack chock full of Undercover’s specially customized boss vehicles.
Both are available now on PS3 and "soon" for PC and Xbox 360.
Details for both packs are posted below.
- Highway Wars is the ultimate fusion of Undercover’s signature Highway Battles with the adrenaline fueled competition of sprint racing. In this mode, players will race at top speeds through traffic filled highways against three AI opponents in a winner take all battle to the finish line.
- Highway Checkpoint forces the player to push their car to the limit as they weave through traffic in an attempt to make it to the next checkpoint before time expires.
- Players can also earn three new vehicles as they complete the Challenge Series. Each vehicle is available for use in career or online and has been specifically tuned to compete against the top cars in the game.
- Battle Machine Mazda RX-7 will be awarded upon completion of the first 30 events.
- Speed Machine Porsche 911 GT2 with matte black paint and custom gold liveries will be awarded after completing all 60 of the Challenge Series events.
- Dominator Corvette Z06 is for players that dominate a minimum of 31 events.
Boss Car Pack
This premium car pack gives players access to the entire fleet of boss cars featured in Undercover. These high performance machines are tuned for maximum performance in their appropriate tiers enabling players to compete against the fastest cars in each tier of Undercover.
- Carmen's Shelby GT500
- Chase’s BMW M6
- Chau Wu’s Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG
- G-Mac’s Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
- Hector’s Nissan 370Z
- Nickel’s Dodge Viper SRT10
- Rose’s Porsche 911 GT2
- Zack’s Volkswagen Scirocco