AU News Wrap, September 29 - What happened today
What didn't happen today, amirite? You're right: I didn't eat anything not "cooked" in a microwave. That did not occur. Good call.
This instant food thing has got to stop. Why don't I have time to shop and cook properly? Because I'm a barely competent, disorganised woman-child? Oh, yeah. Well, I'm going to spend all of tonight drawing a pretty schedule with dedicated being organised times on it! Take that, procrastination!
Today's image comes from Katamari Forever. I was pretty slow to discover Katamari - it arrived while I was kind of in a blackout on games due to extreme student poverty - so this PlayStation 3 release was my fist experience.
Concerns over the franchise's creator-less development aside for a moment: gosh is Katamari fun. It took me ages to learn it properly, but once I got in the zone... I still break it out if I'm feeling restless or anxious. It always calms me down - and makes me smile.
The King of the Cosmos has a Twitter account, by the way, but it's been quiet for ages. I hope Namco resurrects it for upcoming releases. The King is my favourite fictional monarch - even passing Dragon Age's Alistair, the love of my Warden's life.
Stay tuned for Pat's Bulletcast for a summary of the past few hours, or check out the mysteriously combined EU and US news wrap for a complete list.
Now: the news.
- The Cursed Crusade pushed back again - have a consolatory new trailer
I wish this had come out in the summer drought rather than right during the busiest time of the year.
- RAGE will "change the perception" of id Software
If you've seen the game in action, your perception that "John Carmack is a technical genius" was probably confirmed.
- Third party dismisses Sony's claims to better developer support
Now we just need another third party to come out swinging for the opposite side, and we can maybe start a brawl.
- Report - Need For Speed: The Run demo due October 18
EA pulled the announcement, but it'll probably put it back up at a later date!
- Capcom: 3D character models "much easier to animate"
I'm just going to reign in my opinions of Capcom's female cheesecake and stay quiet.
- The Binding of Isaac storms Steam charts
My love for rogue likes only grows.
- Cameron: Avatar MMO would work, but launch timing needs care
I'm always baffled when people express enjoyment of Avatar beyond its visual and technical achievements.
- Crowdsourced gamers identify two potential new planets
I usually joke that I dreamed of being an astronaut and failed, but seriously - space exploration in the present doesn't live up to my expectations.
- Bladeslinger trailer shows off Unity Engine's chops
My friend Tiff got lost today and rang me for directions. "Walk towards da river, Tiff," I advised her. Still, what isn't?
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC appears for PC version
Oh boy, am I tempted by the automatic unlock and extra credits. Then I can spend my legitimately earned aug points on the landing system et cetera. But no! I have my pride.
- Thatgamecompany: "Gamers are not stupid"
I think "mass market consumers as a mob are stupid" is a better way to put it, really.
- Adventure Time creator keen on a game adaptation
Publishers: are you listening? I will buy the shit out of this.
- TellTale: Spielberg-style feel "essential" to Jurassic Park: The Game
In "list of things I fucking love", Jurassic Park is quite high.
- AU: Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land due November 24
That's a better result than we often see, but it's no simultaneous global launch.
- BioWare: The Old Republic is not premium MMORPG model swansong
The day World of Warcraft closes with no major rival, we can start talking about the death of the subscription model.