A large, free update will arrive next week for Titanfall 2 alongside a trial weekend.
The free DLC for Titanfall 2 includes the new Frontier Defense mode, a multiplayer map and Live Fire Map.
Those interested in trying the game out for free can do so next weekend, July 28-30 on all platforms. Access to the training gauntlet, single-player mission, The Beacon, and full access to multiplayer will be available during the free trial period.
A demo version of Titanfall 2 is currently available and includes the training section along with The Beacon. Those who download the demo will be ready to go when Respawn Entertainment “flips on multiplayer” for the trial on July 28.
Just as a reminder, Origin and EA Access subscribers on PC and Xbox One will be able to play Titanfall 2 when it arrives on the services this summer.
Next week on Tuesday, July 25, the new Frontier Defense mode will drop alongside the Risen map and the Live Fire map Township.
Below is a breakdown of the content coming to Titanfall 2 next week per Respawn.
Frontier Defense Mode
- Co-op 4 player mode
- Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
- Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
- There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
- New Titan Progression – Aegis Ranks: Earned by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Can unlock powerful upgrades to help with higher difficulty levels. For now these only apply to Frontier Defense.
- New, challenging enemy types to battle.
- Five maps supported at launch: Homestead, Forwardbase Kodai, War Games, Rise, Blackwater Canal.
- Additional maps are being tested and will be added in the future.
Rise Map: Long sight lines and tight quarters dictate the battle in this abandoned desert reservoir. The towering, sheer walls and a system of convenient zip lines provide Pilots with means to get around quickly while Titans do battle in the long corridors below. Pilots can also set up ambushes in the guts of this complex pipeworks, while titans can lock down large sections of the battlefield at critical junctures. Tread carefully.
Live Fire Map Township: A new modular construction of a residential firefight. Cover is sparse for Pilots bold enough to leave the safety of a few houses. Windows and rooftops decide who controls the map, but dense interiors can always hold surprises.
Purchasable Elite Warpaints for weapons will also be made available through the store next week. Each Warpaint provides a chance at earning double XP along with a merit boost for the player and their teammates.
Limited Edition Titan Warpaints for Frontier Defense will also be made available in store, and will provide the player and teammates with double XP and the boost is stackable. These Titan Warpaints will be available through the store until August 28.
Titanfall 2 released in October 2016 and currently, the game has over one million active users a month. Since June’s War Games DLC drop, player count continues to grow month over month.