PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds week 12 update is heavy on performance fixes.
The 12th weekly patch for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is nearly here. As you’d expect, no new content is being added but a whole lot of performance fixes are.
The update is already live on the test servers, and it looks like things are going smoothly so far that it’s ready for the live release. Servers will go offline for maintenance beginning 1am PT, 4am ET, 9am BST, 10am CEST.
This is not the patch that’s going to add the new Glock 18-C pistol. You’ll find that in the monthly update next week.
Find all the patch notes below:
- Resolved an issue with server performance dropping drastically in certain circumstances.
- Improved rendering performance of other characters.
- Improved client performance during ranged combat.
- Improved rendering performance of vehicles, motorbikes, and boats at a distance.
- Improved the rendering performance of weapon effects at a distance.
- Fixed a client crash that occurred when changing character appearance.
- Prevented users from removing shadows by changing Steam launch options.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to fire more ammo than the amount loaded.
- Fixed a bug that caused lung icon to be displayed as full while taking damage due to lack of oxygen underwater.
- Fixed an issue with indoor walls and objects overlapping each other.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wooden doors inside houses to have a metallic gloss.
- Fixed a bug that caused some parts of the clothing to be shown when firing a weapon while aiming down sights, using 4x or higher scopes.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to enter the DBNO state after drowning. You will now die immediately after taking fatal damage from lack of oxygen.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the use of healing items after firing full auto mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused flower beds to be shown incorrectly at a distance
- Partially fixed a bug that caused a character to be stuck in terrain.
- Partially fixed a bug that caused the camera to pass through some objects.