Hot on the tail of Forza Horizon 3 comes this fix-filled title update.
Forza Horizon 3 develoeprs Turn 10 and Playground games have released the first Windows 10 and Xbox One patch for the well-received racer.
The update introduces several welcome fixes including a remedy for stuttering in the PC build of Forza Horizon 3, and extended and improved wheel support, which is a must for those who dropped serious dough on racing peripherals. There are also some other changes related to controls, which will please hardcore racers.
According to the Forza news blog, now that this patch is out “the teams at Playground and Turn 10 are working on addressing further known issues in Forza Horizon 3 including force feedback and wheel support, general stability and performance, and more”.
The patch accompanied a new Forza Horizon 3 DLC drop with several new vehicles. Here’s the full changelog; grab it now on both platforms.
- Windows 10
- Fixed a performance issue on Windows 10 that caused stuttering with high or unlocked framerates on certain hardware configurations
- Improved stability on Windows 10
- Disable mouse move detection while driving
- The Windows 10 video options screen will no longer ask users to save when no changes have been made
- Additional options have been added to the Windows 10 Advanced Controller Menu. These include:
- Steering wheel sensitivity
- Invert Force Feedback
- Centre spring scale
- Damping scale
- Fixed a problem where pre-order cars and the Halo Warthog were not appearing in the Windows 10 version of the game for some players
- Wheel Improvements
- Logitech G27 is now registered correctly on Windows 10, so the correct default mapping will be applied
- All wheels with enough buttons have had the horn added to their default mappings on Windows 10
- Fix to dead zones for acceleration and braking axes on wheels
- Default mappings for all TX Racing Wheel variants
- Fixed a bug where custom input mappings would not save successfully
- General Improvements
- The Social and Rivals tabs will now unlock for players with Xbox Live Silver accounts
- Fixed a bug where the racing line would sometimes disappear
- Controller hot swapping is now available. Players can switch between controllers/their keyboard whenever they choose (including the wheel)
- Various content fixes for cars