A castle broods over one end of the island. The Witness welcomes you to the Keep.
The Witness: solving the castle mazes in the Keep
The Keep is the castle found between Quarry and Treehouses. There are two sets of puzzles here, and both of them involve walking around in “real” mazes.
Entering from the underground path from the direction of Town, there’s a set of four hedge mazes accessible behind you, and set of four pressure-plate mazes in front of you. After completing both sets you’ll have access to the central tower, where you can solve larger scale mazes on boards in order to fire the laser.
The pressure plate mazes are pretty standard fare, which should present little trouble if you’ve encountered each puzzle variation before. The only complicating factor is figuring out how to walk where you need to be without activating extraneous plates, and getting around damaged areas.
The hedges are a little trickier. Let’s run down some hints and tips for the hedge mazes before getting to the solutions gallery.
Hedge maze hints
- To solve a hedge maze and enter the next area, you need to input the correct path on the board locking the exit gate. The real question is: what is the correct solution?
- Maze #1:
- The only possible solution to the intact maze.
- Maze #2:
- Subtle clues on the ground will help you find the right path.
- Maze #3:
- Hey, so: the ground here is different to the other mazes.
- Turn the volume up.
- Maze #4:
- The physical maze and board do not match…
The pressure-plate mazes are difficult to take screenshots of, unfortunately, so we’ve included a couple of angles and an overhead view.
Here are the final solutions.