Beware, Lords of the Fallen will be killing you from October 31

Wednesday, 9th July 2014 10:55 GMT By Dave Cook

Lords of the Fallen has been dated for a October 31 launch by Deck13 and CI Games. The RPG comes from Witcher 2 producer Tomasz Gop and has a lot in common with Dark Souls. We mean this in a good way, of course.

lords-of-the-fallen-1

It follows my big Lords of the Fallen interview with Gop, in which we discuss combat, difficulty, plot and more.

CI Games confirmed the game’s October 31 release date on PC, PS4 and Xbox One in an email to VG247 today, and chucked us the following plot synopsis:

In Lords of the Fallen, you are Harkyn, the best of the worst of humanity. A convicted criminal, Harkyn is given a chance for redemption. But just as the rulers of the world get close to finding a way to banish all evil from humans, an army of the long-ago defeated god attacks the human realm. Released from prison, Harkyn and his mentor, Kaslo, set out on a mission to stop the war.

Harkyn sounds lovely doesn’t he?

Lords of the Fallen will launch with an RRP of £49.99 on PS4 and Xbox One and £29.99 on PC.

here, have another new screen:

lords-of-the-fallen-2

1. locus2k1

Goddamit, I hate to say it but for the first time ever I’m thinking of relying on metacritic for October – just too many games out in a single bloody month I just cant afford to buy them all.

#1 1 month ago
  2. redwood

day 1 ( i like to gamble sometimes)

#2 1 month ago
  3. ManuOtaku

I dont know why, but it reminds me of amalaur, and thats a good thing in my book. I will get this game.

#3 1 month ago
  4. Mike W

@locus2k1

You’re a disgrace to the gaming community for even mentioning that despicable site….. ;)

In any case, October is going to be a retarded month for games, I will be getting this (PS4), Driveclub, Shadow of Mordor (PS4), Dragon Age (XBO) and Evil Within (PS4)

#4 1 month ago
  5. Druined

Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally we know when this great promising game will be released. Maybe in October will be released too much game but I know Lords of the Fallen is on my myust have list. I’m glad to hear this great information. Thank YOU!

#5 1 month ago
  6. FlyBoogy

Oh that is a nice birthday present.

But Im still not sure because the game is linked to City Interactive

#6 1 month ago
  7. Game Hunter

30 pounds less for PC version?well that’s sweet,definitely picking it up next year when it’s even cheaper.

#7 1 month ago
  8. Game Hunter

@Game Hunter ah damn I wanted to say 20 pounds.maybe VG247 should start a kickstarter for adding the edit button.

#8 1 month ago
  9. Druined

@FlyBoogy Maybe you have a right this game will be from CI Games but you must remember that on this game worked Tomasz Gop which do The Witcher and Deck 13. So for me this game must be great. I wait on it.

#9 1 month ago
  10. KingArthas

Hey, Devs, hope you read this: don’t make the game hard because enemies will one-hit-kill you! Make the game hard because you must use your brain to win!

#10 1 month ago
  11. Diunedall

For me the issue is as follows …. I take a vacation, buy a game, the wife goes on vacation, with friends, I play: D

#11 1 month ago
  12. Druined

I hear Lords of the Fallen not will be as hard as Dark Souls but the game will be more tactical. So maybe not too hard but we must think a little more to kill enemies and boss. Holiday for play in this game…I think about this:D

#12 1 month ago